#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

I reckon he’ll start back and show heaps. Then, during a game late in the season, he’ll get thrown forward in the last quarter and look dangerous. By the last game, he’ll kick 4 against Hawthorn and put us into the finals.

The next few years he’ll play forward, where injury and inconsistency will hold him back from ever quite making it as a forward.

Then he’ll go back again, and be an All-Australian defender.

1 Like
I reckon he'll start back and show heaps. Then, during a game late in the season, he'll get thrown forward in the last quarter and look dangerous. By the last game, he'll kick 4 against Hawthorn and put us into the finals.

The next few years he’ll play forward, where injury and inconsistency will hold him back from ever quite making it as a forward.

Then he’ll go back again, and be an All-Australian defender.

Only he is a Ranga and not Blonde

He was managed with minutes today seeing he has missed so much footy. Came on about 6-8 min mark of each Qt. It was really a game to just get him use to the tempo and some crucial match fitness. So expectations had to be realistic. Saying that as the game went on he started to do some nice things. Played Half back most of the game and took about 4-5 great marks. He actually went for Mark of the Year at one stage..got up so high but just couldn't pull down the ball. He is deceptively a very high leap. Up to 3 Qtr time the pleasing part he was at 100% efficiency using the ball. Had some clangers in the last. I did notice hin blowing hard a few times so he really needs consecutive games under his belt now. Very understandable though. The last 10 mins caught my eye the most. We just needed to score so Egan put Aaron at Full Forward. As soon as he did he took a sensational one handed mark above the pack and had a shot on goal. He looked very dangerous as a forward and I can't help think this is maybe where club may seem him in the future. Was a fine start and will only start to improve from here

As evidenced by the fact that he played 95% down back?

We were behind on the scoreboard, they rolled the dice and sent him forward with 10 minutes to go knowing he can clunk the ball. Any resemblance to Sheeds coaching tactics is purely co-incidental.

He was managed with minutes today seeing he has missed so much footy. Came on about 6-8 min mark of each Qt. It was really a game to just get him use to the tempo and some crucial match fitness. So expectations had to be realistic. Saying that as the game went on he started to do some nice things. Played Half back most of the game and took about 4-5 great marks. He actually went for Mark of the Year at one stage..got up so high but just couldn't pull down the ball. He is deceptively a very high leap. Up to 3 Qtr time the pleasing part he was at 100% efficiency using the ball. Had some clangers in the last. I did notice hin blowing hard a few times so he really needs consecutive games under his belt now. Very understandable though. The last 10 mins caught my eye the most. We just needed to score so Egan put Aaron at Full Forward. As soon as he did he took a sensational one handed mark above the pack and had a shot on goal. He looked very dangerous as a forward and I can't help think this is maybe where club may seem him in the future. Was a fine start and will only start to improve from here

Well i actually know this has been discussed. Always going to play him back just to find his feet and get some ball. Long term i sense may help forward but depends on recruiting and trades etc

Get his match fitness up. Plug and play for 2nd half of seniors season.
No. All remaining debuts this year must be in the three next games in Melbourne.

Thanks.

If we can get solid games into Francis and Laverde (hopefully) in the back end of the year, the losses are going to be a bit easier to swallow imo.

Yep. The only real disappointment from this season would be injuries to important kids preventing them getting games.

Sounds like he won’t be in the VFL for long.

If we can get solid games into Francis and Laverde (hopefully) in the back end of the year, the losses are going to be a bit easier to swallow imo.

Get his match fitness up. Plug and play for 2nd half of seniors season.

He was managed with minutes today seeing he has missed so much footy. Came on about 6-8 min mark of each Qt. It was really a game to just get him use to the tempo and some crucial match fitness. So expectations had to be realistic.
Saying that as the game went on he started to do some nice things. Played Half back most of the game and took about 4-5 great marks. He actually went for Mark of the Year at one stage…got up so high but just couldn’t pull down the ball. He is deceptively a very high leap. Up to 3 Qtr time the pleasing part he was at 100% efficiency using the ball. Had some clangers in the last. I did notice hin blowing hard a few times so he really needs consecutive games under his belt now. Very understandable though.
The last 10 mins caught my eye the most. We just needed to score so Egan put Aaron at Full Forward. As soon as he did he took a sensational one handed mark above the pack and had a shot on goal. He looked very dangerous as a forward and I can’t help think this is maybe where club may seem him in the future.
Was a fine start and will only start to improve from here

It’s funny how we say he needs to build his confidence, when he so overtly backs himself to play off his man and take intercepts.

Yep. He had license to do that. In the 1/4 time huddle the defenders were explicitly told they were not playing a man on man defence, but a zone defence.

It’s funny how we say he needs to build his confidence, when he so overtly backs himself to play off his man and take intercepts.

Love francis that failed mark attempt at the end of the 4th, juicy.

aaron FRANCHISE

194cm, 19 years old.

I call bullshit on 194cm. He’s maybe 191 or 192, unless he’s grown a load in the 6 months since being drafted.

EFC has a long, long history of ‘stretching’ the height figures of any player they intend to play a kpp or quasi-kpp role.

Someone mentioned they had the inside word he’d grown a few cms

Bad news- he’s shrunk 3cm and is set for the midfield

“At 191cm, he capable of playing as a third tall at either end of the ground, but has also shown an ability to play in the midfield”.

Yeah, it’s ALMOST like I know what I’m talking about, isn’t it? :wink:

Almost as if Francis doesn’t know his own height.

Francis has little regard for height as he is able to overcome all opponents with brute Franga force, or so I’ve heard.

He should at least get a run in the VFL

Yes he needs to get a run even if he is not fully AFL ready. . Give him a taste of it, I say. Give his name to FOX footy so they can mention it 30-40 times during the broadcast.

Good way to break someone.
When he’s ready he’s ready.
Shouldn’t play before then just because you want a look.
Madness.

Reboot. OK, if he is injured, dont play him. If he is just a bit off in fitness, then give him a go. Its the preseason and part of the purpose of pre-season is to develop match fitness in players.
So in spite of your comments it comes down to why he is not ready, softness, fitness deficit or injury. Do you know which case applies ?

Yes he needs to get a run even if he is not fully AFL ready. . Give him a taste of it, I say. Give his name to FOX footy so they can mention it 30-40 times during the broadcast.

Good way to break someone.
When he’s ready he’s ready.
Shouldn’t play before then just because you want a look.
Madness.