#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Id see Red.

Well here would be reason Crows seemingly donā€™t have much interest in Francis.

The Phantom @ThePhantomSC Ā· Oct 3 With Jake Lever officially wanting out, look out for Tom Doedee in 2018. No. 1 for intercept possessions in the SANFL in 2017 #SuperCoach

Port it is, but canā€™t see them coming up with anything worthwhile, unless somehow involved in trade with Impey to Hawks (who have no picks)

Would think Francis likely stays

1 Like

Didnā€™t his brother die in 2014?

Far be it from me to tell people how long theyā€™re in deep mourning, but for an Anglo-Celt, three years seems a very, very long time. For a lot of Europeans, three years is not even a drop in the ocean.

Depending on the circumstances, of course.

1 Like

Correct. Iā€™m going to wait until its printed in the Herald Sun.

1 Like

Is it wrong for me to hope he doesnā€™t have any interest and has to stay. I truly believe his a talent that we cannot let go.

Heā€™s gone. No rush for Adelaide or Port to make a play yet as only day 1 of trade period. Iā€™d be pretty sure one of them have approached Francisā€™s manager in the last couple of weeks to sound him out. They will be siting back to see if we need a pick to satisfy Dogs, GC or GWS hoping we take what they offer.

Even then I think he will go home anyway. I cant cop that he has told the club he wants to be traded to one of the Adelaide clubs if neither has expressed an interest. Its not like requesting a trade to a Victorian club where their are 10 clubs. Makes no sense. One of them want him and I get the feeling we dont

6 Likes

Ha, but when we recruited him, midfield was definitely seen as an option for once he built his tank. Itā€™d be the ultimate nightmare for him to end up the Brownlow winning midfield beast!!

Back then? Fifteen years ago Jobe tried to get by on talent alone, and we all know how that worked out for him. Get fit or get lost, because you wonā€™t make it, not then, not now.

4 Likes

The kid is clearly all over the place. Lets hope his manager and the club are looking after his welfare. Put yourself in his shoes and it has to be tough.

Its perplexing to me. We knew heā€™d take time adjusting to training requirements etc and he has shown he has the talent. Is his attitude that poor we are writing him off already? Ive no doubt he could train harder but he is perpetually injured, which makes matters worse. He has left his family after the death of his brother. Thats got to be tough. On top of that he is realising afl is not the walk in the park he probably expected. Like most other draftees. Iā€™d be dissapointed if we as a club couldnt provide him with the support he needs. Back him and give him our confidence. Some players respond to negative motivation and the desire to prove people wrong. Others need an arm around them. I think he is the latter. Get him to have a chat to jobe who has walked in aarons shoes.

At the end of the day only one bloke can do it. But we as supporters and the club have the responsibility to create an environment where he can fulfil his promise.

4 Likes

One other thing. If he was indigenous and from rural NT and came from a rural town after the death of his brother and shown glimpses i reckon it would be a very different narrative.

The way people are laying into this kid is a disgrace and says a lot more about them than it does francis

13 Likes

I reckon most people here are reading into this things they simply donā€™t know.
If I was going to speculate Iā€™d guess Francis expected itā€™d be easier for him to make it and EFC thought heā€™d work a bit harder to get there. Thatā€™s pure speculation though as is most of what is written here.

It disapoints me that supporters actually want him goneā€¦ and are happy to receive no compensation.

Thereā€™s been people on this forum who have been hoping that he fails this whole year. Itā€™s honestly pathetic.

11 Likes

Yep, a little surprised and disappointed with some of the comments.

From what I have read his brother was diagnosed with cancer only a matter of days before passing away. That doesnā€™t give family members long to say goodbye and come to terms with it.

When youā€™re a 17 yo thatā€™s a lot deal with and made even harder by moving interstate to play football. If he needs to move back to S.A. so be it, but I donā€™t think some of the commentary on here is necessary.

6 Likes

show me quotes from one person who has wanted that

3 Likes

Thatā€™s outrageous.
If any ā€˜supporterā€™ hopes that one of our players fails, then they arenā€™t a supporter.
People may have a view that he might not make it for reason x,y,z but that is a far cry from actually hoping he doesnā€™t.

1 Like

Completely disagree.
People get so invested in proving they are right, that they celebrate when players fail. It happens in a lot of sports, no more so in the EPL.

You just need to go back and have a look at the people that were celebrating when Francisā€™ manager announced that he wanted a trade, many people in this forum were celebrating because they wanted him gone.

What on earth are you on about?

3 Likes

Excellent post and could not agree more.

2 Likes

What I donā€™t get is why all you do gooders think he should stay at Essendon , he has asked to be traded home . Let him go , for god sake , its footy , he is a kid . Its obvious he is not happy . Time to move on.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œjonovdp, post:4872, topic:2931, full:trueā€] You just need to go back and have a look at the people that were celebrating when Francisā€™ manager announced that he wanted a trade, many people in this forum were celebrating because they wanted him gone.
[/quote]

So because people were happy heā€™d be up for a trade they wanted him to fail? Ridiculous.

As much as weā€™d like him to reach his obvious potential, there are many who think that he wont. If we wait too long to find that out, heā€™ll be worth nothing. May have done so already. If we can trade him before its too late, we may get something for him.

Obviously since heā€™s contracted, he needs to agree to move. I was hoping we might get something for him that the bulldogs would accept for Stringer instead of pick 11.

Iā€™d prefer some of the options that should be available at that pick than Francis at this point. But would be very happy to be proven wrong, if he stays. Which I hope he does if weā€™re going to get nothing for him already anyway.

Some people need to accept he just might not make it. Itā€™s not like just waiting for the right set of tires to arrive and heā€™ll be good.