#10 Nicholas (Nick) O'Brien

He's an outstanding individual. I reckon he might be lacking abut of confidence.
He has elite endurance. I think the coaches need to make the decision of whether they are going to use him as a big bodied contested midfielder
Or
a lead up 3rd forward.
I think he is one of the players who Hird rated very highly, but never fit into Thompson's plans.

Confidence isn't an issue. Thompson was full of praise of him last year, and he was on the cusp of being selected this season until he fractured his thumb vs Collingwood in the VFL. I do agree he lacks the explosive speed, but does have the endurance on the other hand. Cameron Ling MK II

Why is NOB rated so highly? I've watch 3 games of VFL live plus another couple on TV this season and whatever he's played at AFL level, I just don't see an AFL quality player in him. He's not that quick, average skills etc. what's "his tricks" that make him AFL grade? He's been given a revered number at EFC & I don't think he's going to make it.

Knows how to get the footy.

Why is his signing taking some time? I thought he would have been signed up for next season by now. Any ideas?

Ring the club and ask.
Oh how hilarious. Thanks for your input.
No problem. Thanks for your laziness.
It was just a general question, nothing to do with laziness. Thought someone with some knowledge could answer it, clearly that isn't you.
Tempting the ban hammer. Love it
Nah. This is a recreation of the following scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5D-YIldov4

Who?

Decent kick, good endurance, good bloke, tries hard. Was talked about being a future captain and has the right head on his shoulders but has not developed elite skills.  Wears a special number.  Very much like Stanton; good but not finals material. 

Judging by that time trial vid, NOBBY had a few too many pies in the off season.

Didn't he win it last year in the younger players group?

Judging by that time trial vid, NOBBY had a few too many pies in the off season.

Didn't he have post season surgery?

Didn't he have post season surgery?

Gastric band?

In all seriousness, his injury at the end of the season was to his thumb.

Might just be that the camera caught him having a fat moment.

He was still in the top handful.

Didn't he win it last year in the younger players group?

He looked utterly ruined at the end of last year‘s one, too.

Moose's last year?

Turning into mousse?

Why is his signing taking some time? I thought he would have been signed up for next season by now. Any ideas?

Ring the club and ask.
Oh how hilarious. Thanks for your input.
No problem. Thanks for your laziness.
It was just a general question, nothing to do with laziness. Thought someone with some knowledge could answer it, clearly that isn't you.
Tempting the ban hammer. Love it
Nah. This is a recreation of the following scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5D-YIldov4

Lol. spike! 😍😍😍😍😍

Where is the info/thread/pics on the pre-season training? Lots of threads now mention it, but I haven’t seen it. Maybe I’m blind.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/2015-pre-season

Thanks.

From EFC site:

Nick O’Brien 2015 VFL games: 9 2015 VFL Averages Disposals: 30 Marks: 6 Tackles: 3 Inside 50s: 4 Rebound 50s: 3

Easily the best performed VFL Bomber so far. Has dominated every game averaging 30 disposals.
O’Brien continues to provide leadership and steadiness around the contest week-in-week-out.

You’d think he still has a chance for a game after the bye as myers/hocking would probably need some game time in the 2s before coming straight back in…

Averages 30 possessions, still doesn’t get picked.

Melksham still getting picked ahead of him

Averages 30 possessions, still doesn't get picked.

Melksham still getting picked ahead of him

Same with Howlett