#10 Nicholas (Nick) O'Brien

On the AFL permission to train list with us along with Hams and Steinberg.

So, what does that mean for NOB ? Is it doing the nice thing and helping him to be picked up by another club, or is the club looking keeping its own options open?

Id say their being allowed to train to keep their fitness up with the hope someone picks them up

So pick 100 plus is a better option. Bizarre.

If that pick is Coglhan then yes, it is a better option

Love how brutal worsfold is being. Finally, someone who will come in and clean out the plodders

Its the luxury opf objectivity a new coach has. No loyalty to anyone, no subjectivity, no favourites, ideal for pressing the rest button. At least for a couple of years until the coach and players develop a deeper mutual dependence.

Doesn’t understand the roles players have been asked to play, dynamics between personalities, everything else that has affected the players, etc etc

Exactly

Seems like EFC have their eyes on players later in the draft - Don’t find the players and one or two may be reprieved,

Love how brutal worsfold is being. Finally, someone who will come in and clean out the plodders
is it worsfolds decisions though, or just the people in charge of list management on auto pilot for this off season until he gets his feet ?

Exactly

It’s tough at the top, or if you want to be.

is it worsfolds decisions though, or just the people in charge of list management on auto pilot for this off season until he gets his feet ?

Bit of both I reckon.

We’ve only delisted those out of contract. So there was a conscious decision prior to Worsfolds arrival that those lads weren’t guaranteed a spot on the list going forward.

Pretty sure we would have shopped them all during trade week to try and find them a new home and value for us.

I’d imagine that Worsfold would have been involved since his arrival though. How much influence he has had so far… difficult to say.

Disco said they were holding back on decisions regarding contracts (eg. Dempsey) until Worsfold had a chance to get up to speed and make a call. So sounds like he’s definitely had a big say in list decisions.

On being allowed to train, not sure what this means for NO’B, but they have said Hams will be rookied and that a final decision on Stein is yet to be made and will only be clear after the drafts, but for NO’B it’s been thanks and good luck with your future.

They like him as a person, so it’s probably to maximise his chances elsewhere, probably to a club that is trying to improve its culture.

Disco said they were holding back on decisions regarding contracts (eg. Dempsey) until Worsfold had a chance to get up to speed and make a call. So sounds like he's definitely had a big say in list decisions.

On being allowed to train, not sure what this means for NO’B, but they have said Hams will be rookied and that a final decision on Stein is yet to be made and will only be clear after the drafts, but for NO’B it’s been thanks and good luck with your future.

They like him as a person, so it’s probably to maximise his chances elsewhere, probably to a club that is trying to improve its culture.

Looks like St Kilda or Farkcalton for NOB then?

I think there is room for slow players in the AFL but not glacier slow and unfortunately this is what Nob is. Kind of reminds me of Brock McLean and ultimately it will stop you being an AFL footballer.

Met with Norwood during the week but my mail is that he has taken a bit more $ with the Eagles over here

AApart from this shocking decision, has anyone checked on @fogdog
???

You were a huge supporter and the decision at the time was a shock (I felt anyway).

And glad he is still playing in a decent league, hope he gets a 2nd chance.

???

You were a huge supporter and the decision at the time was a shock (I felt anyway).

Plus one hope we re-draft him next year. I reckon somebody will.

???

Plus one hope we re-draft him next year. I reckon somebody will.

I don’t. There is a reason we did not rookie him and nobody else did. I hope he does well but it won’t be on an AFL list.

I think everyone wishes Nick all the best.
To be able to average 20 disposals a game at AFL level and then be delisted seems harsh. But it seems the coaches believe the negatives in his game outweigh the positives. He is listed at 188cm /90kgs and probably needs to strip 10 kgs off his weight and do a lot of sprint training to correct the speed issue if its at all possible, but the disposal by foot also needs work. At the age of 22 the work is ahead of him, and he will need a stellar season in the SANFL to get back on an AFL list.
The potential irony is, in 2017 he might get on the Port Adelaide list and come back to punish us .

Is that irony?

or just bad management?

Is that irony?

or just bad management?

It’s pipe dreaming.

Is that irony?

or just bad management?

It’s pipe dreaming.

Yeh, like that player we ( effectively delisted ) delisted because he was no good, what was his name ? Ted Richards. Ended up an all Australian, 250+ games premiership player. I guess that was a pipe dream when Brown kicked a bag on him ?