#10 Sam Weideman

I’d have Stewart ahead of Weideman (if played only as a forward) and Baldwin and Voss ahead of Weideman as well.

2 Likes

Baldwin and Voss have shown nothing to be ahead of Weideman

3 Likes

Both are younger and showed equal amounts in the VFL as Weideman did this year. In fact, they did better if you consider the second half of the year. I would not be surprised if they both go past him by the time round 1 appears.

I personally expect Weideman to spend most of the year in the VFL.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how they’d make it work, but Mahoney said they want to move Stewart back to defence. If I had to choose, Kelly would go.

Laverde Stewart BZT
Redman Ridley McGrath (+ Hind)

Weideman played ruck in the VFL this year and played it well apparently. But it’s less of a case of him being good at the role, but more a case of we have no one else better

I wouldn’t put Stewart anywhere near defence. I’d rather play Reid there, but Zerk, Rids and Lav for the time being…and I have doubts about Lav’s continued presence there.

6 Likes

Jones played backup ruck at U18 level, and I’d quite like to see McBride tried R/F.

coaches earmarking Stewart for defence doesn’t mean he’s best 6

2 Likes

He’s a decent backup KPF but about 4th or 5th in line behind 2MP, Jones, Weideman and BBB.

Agreed. Also, just to have some leading to the ball carrier so it’s not so heavily focused on bombing it in.

That wont happen

1 Like

It might

1 Like

Weideman has been pretty injury prone.

stress fracture in his draft year, and in 21 with Dees.

Just feel there is a player there. like Wright needs to impose himself on a game.

Hope he gets a full preseason.

4 Likes

Not recently as far as I can recall.

Just played mainly vfl

I’m usually positive about any new player that joins the club but I just don’t see it with Weideman.
Our list is screaming out for ruthless competitors and he’s been nothing but a lettuce leaf since he was drafted, what does it say when Melb plays an injured Ben Brown in front of him.
If Weideman, Francis and Schache were later picks they would have been out of the system years ago.

1 Like

Hopefully Scott is ruthless, because with Voss and Baldwin up and about he’s up against it if he doesn’t want to get physical.

Interesting times! I’m looking forward to the preseason reports so I can have unrealistic expectations of 2023!

3 Likes

Not a worry. The Weedman is no walk up start for the best 22/23. For all we know he is fourth in line. Depth? Yep.

That’s right he is depth and That’s why I would have preferred to keep pick 37.

3 Likes

Not picking a fight here but apart from vision of a clumsy and aggressive tackle that would be a free kick at afl level, and a mean head, what exactly is all the fuss about Voss? Feels like we’re attaching minor cult status to bloke who hasn’t really done much. Was he impressive at VFL level this year?

1 Like

we’ve got wright, then about 3-4 other guys who are currently all about the same output (weid, jones, baldwin, stewart)

i.just hope one of them actually breaks out and has a 30 goal plus season because we really, really need it. Having so many average performing key forwards on the list isnt ideal.

3 Likes

I hope they both work out, but it was surprising that both Stewart and Weideman were offered two year deals by us. Two potential list cloggers who we can’t cut if they don’t work out next year.

We have to take the best available key forward at next year’s draft