#10 Sam Weideman

First two kicks for goals were guided missiles.

By kick #4 he definitely had the yips.

8 Likes

should have had 4 easy goals by half time

The move to essentially swap Francis for Weid is looking shrewder as each week passes.

13 Likes

Definite upgrade

3 Likes

His marking on the wing is something we have missed in recent weeks. So important for good teams.

12 Likes

giphy (5)

10 Likes

Heā€™s already kicked more goals for us than Francis did over his entire Essendon career.

21 Likes

The kicking yips is a weird one, he is typically a beautiful kick I thought

4 contested marks is what i am most impressed with. He actually showed a little bit of mongrel and strength with was my biggest criticism of him.

Sure vlaustin and grimes had a few intercepts but when 2mp come back, the best defender suddenly disappears and makes life a lot easier for him.

5 Likes

Spot on if he can keep up this work rate and contested marking itā€™s going to make him a handy 2nd forward with 2mp back in the side

6 Likes

Averaging just under 2 goals a game if you take out that game he was knocked out in the 1st qtr. That will get him close to 40 goals. Perfect 2nd fwd to Wright

4 Likes

Remember when i said we should go after Weid? I was laughed at

Well heā€™s proving to be handy acquisition in the absence of Peter cant wait till heā€™s back and seeing those two dominate

4 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Is their another team that would have both itā€™s two tall forwards traded in from another club and having only paid two fourth round picks

You have to nail them when youā€™re 30 out straight in front. Thatā€™s a bit dispiriting. But on the whole he is performing to a decent level. He certainly chose the right club to come to. Heā€™d be relishing being the focal point and getting an extended run at it.

A bit unfair as Francis was playing mainly back from memory.

Francis had class, just couldnā€™t string it together consistently.

1 Like

In fairness is there a player in the league you havenā€™t said we should go after?

3 Likes

The players i mention are ones that i think could help the side that dosent mean we should get them all

A broken clock is right twice a day

4 Likes

Iā€™d estimate that Francis played probably 20 games as a forward and others where he was swung forward in game. All for a sum total of 12 goals. It was definitely a large enough sample size to know he wasnā€™t up to it.

1 Like