#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I heard Dermie on the radio. And yes, he had no idea. Bartlett had no idea either but at least asked Essendon supporters to phone in and tell us how Francis is going.

When someone rang and said: “Frang had time off with personal issues, but has come back and played four games in VFL and was best on ground last week.” Dermie replied with: “Sorry, didn’t know he’d had personal issues.” (Even though Essendon made a club statement and it was widely reported.)

In other words Dermie remembers seeing him on ANZAC day last year not being able to run out the game and assumed that this is still the case.

And, my final point:

9 Likes

Was the caller an angry granny?

That is some serious ignorance.

2 Likes

My first reaction was that Brereton has displayed a level of insensitivity that his friend Jeff Kennet from Beyond Blue would probably berate him for.

Then fact is the views of Brereton are external noise. It’s the veiws of his advisors, the Match Committee and his coaches that are important.

fukhead

3 Likes

Francis could’ve been delisted last year and Brereton would’ve said the same thing.

2 Likes

Fixed

Brereton is the stupidest ■■■■ lol

Nothing has changed for me. Brereton is a ■■■■ and Frang is the 2nd redhead I’ve ever loved…after Boris!

2 Likes

The fact that ■■■■■■■ didn’t know of francis sutuation tells you all you need to know about him. He is a supposed expert on all things football. Its his job to know ■■■■ like that. And its not hard to know. Absolute ■■■■■■■. I last saw him in the flesh on acland st about 5 years ago and my.mrs who isn’t from melbourne pointed out this guy walking a pushie wgile qearing nothing but running shoes and fluro orange running shorts waving at every second person. She commented that of all the freaks she’d seen on acland st he tok the cake. I then had to explain who he was to her. She couldn’t believe he had a job in media

4 Likes

Hope the Lemon drop kick has commentary duties in Brisbane next week when Frang is dominating across half back.

That’s very very poor from people who’s job it is to report on the AFL. Francis is hardly a fringe player, and the fact they knew enough about him to single him out and comment about him tells you they should be a hell of a lot better informed. The more Woosha treats some of these clowns with contempt the better.

17 Likes

I like Dermie, shows Hawks supporters for what they really are. To be fair to Dermie he only read Blitz posts in this thread leading up to the end of 2017. Much of what he said was relevant 8 months ago.

Was actually thinking this.

A Hawthorn ploy to get him cheap

“Look I haven’t been to an Essendon VFL game for awhile so I can’t really comment on Aaron right now”

Would that have been so hard?

15 Likes

when clickbait is lyf

On air they say some stupid sh*t. Just listen to Bartlett… honestly.

But for SEN to write an article about an uninformed opinion, it’s literally gutter trash.

5 Likes

It’s sports media not journalism. All about the hype and the click. Nothing else.

5 Likes

It’s literally all they do. They just publish quotes from their own shows or others as news stories.

More evidence of the effect of concussion on retired footballers.

3 Likes

Great example during the week on AFL360 (feel like scum just confessing I watched it) when Robbo tries to find out where Crows are on the ladder. He refers to the Herald Sun - “it’ll be in here” - and starts flicking through pages but can’t find it - and his lover, Geraldine Twatley, says dryly “they’re 6th”. Robbo gets paid millions for that but my flamenco teacher who plays beautiful music can’t support himself. I don’t get it.

8 Likes