#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

As I’ve said a million times, I don’t care who of Ridley and Francis is brought i this week. I reckon they can both do the job we require. I agree Francis has a presence, don’t really agree that opposition teams try to avoid him.

And to be honest, I can’t see anywhere in my post where I hinted at anything.
My comment was about someone saying that Ridley “appeared to be BOG” based on his opinion. His opinion, just like mine, is fine, but BOG as seen by the coaches is what is the reality, not the opinion of an internet fan. If someone said “I reckon player b was better” that would be fine. But to say “appeared to be BOG” is placing their opinion above the people who actually know what is going on. Different thing altogether.

And I haven’t (at least as far as I am concerned) hinted at anything much lately. And if I do, I think I have built up a reputation over many years, of backing it up as much as I can on a public forum like this.

All fair, i think i just disagree with bringing up who the coaches think are bog compared to who people on blitz think was bog.

1 Like

Fairies ■■■■.

But do you care? Realllly?

1 Like

i cant understand why you take such umbrage to it.

the point chris was making was fair enough, would you rather an outside rebounder or a more contested type defender, and it deserves consideration. instead the focus is on the fact chris disagrees with the coaches assessment of Ridley as the BoG… its petty.

6 Likes

I caught the replay last night and I thought his game was overrated. Ridley clearly better and more suited to the role Redman has been playing.

1 Like

ive always thought we need a great zone defence to stop brown because IMO neither hurley or hooker will be able to. Francis has been reading the play superbly and reckon he’s the perfect person to chop off all the kicks directed in Browns direction. I dont see how a running defender, whether that was Redman (had he not been injured) or Ridley will help contain Brown.

That is the way I sore to game too. Franga is ready.

1 Like

Up front I want both in.
Sorry Matty Dea but Francis is an upgrade.
Norf rely on some pace with Atley et al so we shouldn’t move Saad or Conor out of the mix.

Francis is potentially able to drop in front of Brown and help Hurls with Ziebell.

Re the above debate re the Twos game and BOG.
I’m with DJR - seen Francis player better but still was very good.
Ridleys role was obviously the designated kicker - mind your man but run hard and repeatedly till we can get you the ball to launch an attack. Dorks were clogging the mid, and dropping a man back, so Ridley performed his coaches role very very well.

One measure of internal club ratings is to look at who we want to give the ball to, even if it means repeated switches.
Saturday it was Ridley then MacNiece & Long, with Francis, when in a bit of space, not far behind.
All clearly had licence to be attacking with their options, be it kicking or taking men on before delivering.

1 Like

Where did you see a replay?

Posted in the VFL thread.

1 Like

Tim Vine - very underrated.

Don’t be ridiculous…you should know that no man is an island.

Or were they saying there’s no mayonnaise in Ireland?

If he does get named, I hope as many people as possible get down to Etihad and cheer the hell out of him every time he goes near the ball.

5 Likes

Francis is gonna tear Brown’s ■■■■ right off.

Games against Norf are usually regrettable, we feel like we should win on form and then we come away thinking “man we played ■■■■ and looked uninspired”.
I reckon with Francis in the side we would have some to really play for, the players would be stoked to see him in the team and fly the flag for him. I reckon he’d be a good fit for the Pies and suns games too if he goes alright.
As Boot mentioned though, coaches had Ridley BOG which is often an indication of what they are planning. I note Colyer was in their best too.

3 Likes

If we had Francis helping out Hooker with Brown and intercept marking in the back line, I think we would be able to cover Norf’s best avenue to goal a lot more effectively; and if they keep looking for Brown, as they will, this could be how we dominate getting the ball out of their forward line and setting up a constant counter attack.

Ridley could be effective and help with this too, but Brown is a mobile monster, and I would feel more confident with Hooker and Francis either side of him, than I would with Ridley.

I think it is time for Francis to come into the backline and start his apprenticeship as the Michael Hurley replacement.

No pressure. (There is still time to take out the Rising Star Award)

2 Likes

And that is his long term role.

That’s a long time to wait.