#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

The issue is you’ve had posters who don’t watch live VFL games criticise the views of those who attend VFL games - It’s a recurring theme - Reckon DJR does well to contain his frustration.

:innocent:

9 Likes

Guy who invented window sills… What a ledge!

5 Likes

I think Francis can work OK against the Kangaroos…but if I look another week ahead, against the short and speedy Collingwood, on the expanses of the MCG, I’m not sure that there will be a match-up for him.

I wonder whether that will come into the coaches’ thinking.

Isn’t this being pretty pedantic?

2 Likes

Have to justify the outrage somehow…

2 Likes

For someone as talented as Aaron there is always a role and a match up.

He’s too talented to stay in the VFL for much longer, and on the weekend he played like it. Which I don’t say as a compliment. I thought he tried too many low percentage moves like look aeay handballs, that when they didn’t come off they disadvantaged the team. Having said that, he so is so exciting to watch. Especially the marking and repeat efforts for contested ball.

I’d select him asap. But that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

I think this is a good opponent to bring him in against.
It gives us more flexibility against their tall forwards.

Not forgetting his intercept marking capabilities are certainly superior to Hurley’s, and Dea as well.
If we encounter a match up problem with Dea’s lack of height on Wood, Aaron could take that job.
I like Hurley on the robust Ziebell.

If the Kanga’s find themselves down by 4+ goals at 3qtr time, Scott may throw Daw forward to stretch our defence, as they still have Tarrant/Thompson/McMillan to pick up our talls.
Having Francis instead of Ridley gives us slightly better coverage IMO.

Ridley may be a better option the following week, to play on Stephenson perhaps ?

I’m expecting Francis to be selected if the coaches deem he is ready.

4 Likes

I agree that Dea has done a great job playing his role. His role is depth defender and well done to him. I would love to see both Francis and Ridley brought in as they are both in great form and are both part of our future. If we have any further injuries Dea could return but for now swapping Dea and Redman for Francis and Ridley gives us more flexibility to win the game.

1 Like

How exactly does it give us more flexibility?

2 Likes

Well it gets rid of one of our few one on one defenders.

Oh sorry, that’s less flexible

Sorry

Well it gets a fan favourite into the team anyway

2 Likes

Francis can go forward

if francis plays, whenever that is, he should not in any circumstance go forward.

2 Likes

Dea is doing a great job. I want Francis and Ridley in the side but not to replace Dea. They will have to bide their time in the VFL

6 Likes

Easy solution. Just play 19 players on the field.

4 Likes

Hopefully, the umpires are like me and don’t notice Josh Green either

6 Likes

I’m happy for him to get to about 70m out when we’ve got the opposition locked in. Then if it comes out, intercept it and roost it back over them for a goal

I guess that’s fair enough if he works his way up the ground, but positionally I wouldn’t want him starting there at any point in the game tbh

Francis leads and marks quite well. Its the required repeat efforts that are questionable

Francis definitely a better option than ridley this week. I think his ariel prowess would be invaluable against brown waite and wood