#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

The issue is that next time he won’t know if he should bump, do something else or just pull out. Going forward this could cloud his judgement for decisions he makes in a split second on the field. For his own clarify the decision needed to be contested and clarified.

bumps to the head have always been punished.

in this instance the bump has been arguably incorrectly assessed…

1 Like

Ironically the few times fines have been contested this year most have won their argument. I have no doubt that the tribunal would have laughed and thrown this out, yet we weren’t willing to go down this path.

If you successfully contest your MRO decision, do you get your 10k back?

They (AFL) need to start funding their end of season.

Where is this coming from?

Merv Keane wants you to believe this woman is ugly. Thats why he turned the picture around.

1 Like

You only pay 10k if you lose. Also the fine would have increased to 3k. On the balance we had minimal to lose and all to gain.

1 Like

We aren’t contesting the decision. We rolled over.

You see, these are the sort of things that infuriate supporters.

This nice guy, let’s not cause waves, approach is yet another reason for supporter angst. Whether right or wrong, it reinforces the view the club do not have the balls to make the “hard” calls.

When an obviously wrong is ignored, supporters lose trust in their club to do the right thing.

The Timmy Watson’s of the world shake their head in dismay and question what is going on at Tullamarine!?

2 Likes

So where is this coming from?

But the total cost of planning, lawyers etc. adds up.

From Whoosha’s presser today and AFL.com article:

The third-year Bomber can accept a $2000 fine, but the Bombers are considering challenging the verdict at the AFL Tribunal.

“I was surprised when I heard [Francis had been cited]. I think we would like to challenge it, but whether we are prepared to go through all the protocols you need to to challenge a fine [is undecided]. But fair to say we were surprised when it came out,” Worsfold said.

“From what I understand there’s nine or 10 angles of it, and there’s one angle that they’ve based the charge on. I haven’t actually seen that angle yet.”

1 Like

We’re rich as balls.

After the weekend, I thought the club might be keen to show we can still contest something.

3 Likes

So people have taken from the that we are not challenging?

No. It was from this update by the AFL:

1 Like

“Hello is that Don Pyke, yeah I do want to come home now. The MRP has sent me broke”

Thanks.

Why’s no one upset for Heppel. I guarantee you the umpire didn’t look like omeara afterwards, yet $1k fine.

After the work we have given the legal community around town the last 5 years you reckon we couldn’t get someone to do the work probono? Let’s not forget the Lawdons coterie group.

If costs are the reason we failed to challenge them we really are farked as a club.