#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Wonder how good he is now, lots of differing opinions on the lad, some say he has an enormous ceiling, some have questions on his role. Will be great too balky get a look at him against AFL quality in the NAB cup.

I think he will slot in at the HBF for a bit and then in a few years a a few cms later take a KPD role. Gleeson better put in a big preseason as this guys could take his slot.

Doesnā€™t have a surname as first name or funky spelling.

Sensible parents.

But he has a first name as a surname

Probably the best player in the draft. Looks super.

Wat.

PROBABLY THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT. LOOKS SUPER.

Oh, thatā€™s why three clubs passed on him.

Okay.

When was the last time Pick 1 was the best player in the draftā€¦Riewolt?

Even hodge had to deal with Judd at 3.

Goddard and probably Cooney.

Ps hands off, I'm driving this bandwagon

You can drive. Iā€™m getting on the p!ss with everyone else in the back

Typical ā€¦

I still owe you a cold one.

Iā€™ll be up for the GC game if youā€™re about.
Long time no see.

Wonder how good he is now, lots of differing opinions on the lad, some say he has an enormous ceiling, some have questions on his role. Will be great too balky get a look at him against AFL quality in the NAB cup.

I think he will slot in at the HBF for a bit and then in a few years a a few cms later take a KPD role. Gleeson better put in a big preseason as this guys could take his slot.

Tbh, Iā€™ve never considered Gleeson as a HBFā€™er.

First thing that Francis does when he gets to the club....go to membership department and get a refund on his membership.

Bet you they still manage to talk him into a 3 gamer.

Players should be members. I would think that most if not all employees are as well.

Wat.

Okay.

Jobe beats Goddard in the 2002 draft. Heath Shaw closest to Cooney his 2003, Cooney wins though.

My gut feeling is that heā€™ll track pretty similarly to Heppell where he plays across half back for a season, starts to push into the midfield in his second and finishes up there.

It seemed to become consensus in the phantom draft echo chamber that his tank is the one thing holding him back from a future in the midfield, which is a real shame, because no 17-18 year old has ever improved his endurance.

I donā€™t think anybody questions how good heā€™ll be, most rate him as ā€˜safeā€™ a pick as there is in the draft.
More about what specific role heā€™ll slot into - as in how badly any clubs need a 3rd tall-ish type of guy. But thatā€™s not necessarily on him.

Donā€™t see him competing with Gleeson at all, frankly. Gleesonā€™s a running player who starts from half back, this guyā€™s an intercept marking guy who rebounds nicely. Not going to be playing on the same guys at all, heā€™d have about 15kg on Glees.

My gut feeling is that he'll track pretty similarly to Heppell where he plays across half back for a season, starts to push into the midfield in his second and finishes up there.

It seemed to become consensus in the phantom draft echo chamber that his tank is the one thing holding him back from a future in the midfield, which is a real shame, because no 17-18 year old has ever improved his endurance.

Not sure heā€™s as far along as Heppell (in terms of tank), Hepp had played midfield all his final year of juniors, club TAC & champs level, and dominated, and also played midfield most of his career before that. There werenā€™t very many question marks there at all.
Francis has, to date, played more back than midfield.
Maybe from round 4 in his second season :wink:
My gut feeling is that he'll track pretty similarly to Heppell where he plays across half back for a season, starts to push into the midfield in his second and finishes up there.

Not sure heā€™s as far along as Heppell (in terms of tank), Hepp had played midfield all his final year of juniors, club TAC & champs level, and dominated, and also played midfield most of his career before that. There werenā€™t very many question marks there at all.

Itā€™s definitely not a slam dunk like Heppell where the HBF was just about him playing 20 odd games year one, but I do think heā€™ll end up as a mid eventually even if it is largely something new for him.

Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s any point taking a third tall defender at pick 6 when Gwilt and Brown have shown that you can get AFL-quality ones as DFAs or late picks. I think heā€™ll end up playing elsewhere, wherever that is (even if itā€™s as a creative HBF rather than a stopper).

Itā€™s definitely not a slam dunk like Heppell where the HBF was just about him playing 20 odd games year one, but I do think heā€™ll end up as a mid eventually even if it is largely something new for him.

Agreed.
I'm not sure if there's any point taking a third tall defender at pick 6 when Gwilt and Brown have shown that you can get AFL-quality ones as DFAs or late picks. I think he'll end up playing elsewhere, wherever that is (even if it's as a creative HBF rather than a stopper).
And that was a big part of why he was at 6, rather than pick 2 or 4.

Play him as third tall forward.

Freak overhead. Beautiful kick. Super competitive. When pushing up to midfield can roost it to JD in the square.

Will overtake Ambrose pretty quickly IMO

But then again having both he and Hurley as contested brutes and attacking kickers out of defence is exciting.

I expect heā€™ll play like Hodge does, the backline general, occasionally moving into the midfield when they want a bit more grunt there. Youā€™d like Francis to have a bigger tank (which will come), but not vital if heā€™s used as an impact player.

I do wonder if Melbourne took say Weideman or Curnow would we have drafted the two mids Parish and Oliver?

1 Like

Wat.

Okay.

Jobe was in Goddards draft

Stanton and Mundy in Cooneys draft

Both crap drafts reallyā€¦we came out of it quite well.

Wat.

Okay.

Jobe was in Goddards draft

Stanton and Mundy in Cooneys draft

Both crap drafts reallyā€¦we came out of it quite well.

I know who was taken in what draft.

dodgey groins = dodgey tank=disco genius

The one player I really wanted us to draft. Stoked.