#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Tanking rule has allways been in :stuck_out_tongue:

that is true, but the reason he has played so few games is because he hasnā€™t been able to get himself up to the required fitness

It doesnā€™t matter now anyway.

He is only being played out of necessity.

True. Fitness, mental health issues, injuries and form have all played a role in that low games tally. Heā€™ll never be our fittest player, but I think heā€™s at a reasonable level now. Heā€™s injury free. Hopefully his mental state is good. And weā€™ve played 1 game, so describing 1 bad game as bad form is premature.

Agree, but that wonā€™t magically turn Francis into a KPD. I think thereā€™s room for both in our backline when Stewart or Ambrose come back.

Lav has taken that spot from him.

His only hope is to be better than Ridley by the end of the year.

1 Like

This is a good analysis. He needs to fix the gaps in his game to be viable as a 3rd tall defender, and even then Ridley may take that role. Unless he learns to play forward thatā€™s his best hope for longevity at AFL level.

Well done.

Also want to point out - almost every player on the ground was exhausted in the 4th qtr. A few exceptions - freak runners.

1 Like

Yeah, the seven goals Kernahan kicked on him in the 93 GF are memories youā€™dā€¦
Oh wait.

*not saying Franga is equivalent to Fletcher
** Am saying some people need to get off the rose coloured gear.

Canā€™t believe you are saying Francis is the equivalent of Fletcher!!

Any chance of getting Fletcher back TO COACH THE DEFENDERS.

1 Like

Thanks for the review. That kick to Cahill in the 4th was a thing of beauty, a little too hot for Ned unfortunately.

1 Like

Believe.

3 Likes

We know he can kick but isnā€™t a defender

Would be good if truck picked up the phone to Justin lepitsch now that heā€™s left Richmond.

Rance credits his coaching for turning him into the player he became.

A young rance was much like current Francis.

1 Like

He gets exposed ā€œone on oneā€. Floating / rebounding defender just wonā€™t cut it

1 Like

Goodbye francis please dont come back

Heā€™s been okay since the first goal. Canā€™t stop that second goal to Dixon. Did you see how much room they left for him to lead into? McGrath should have taken his time giving the ball back and Draper should have been quicker in getting back into the hole.

3 Likes

How are there still people defending him?

Yeah heā€™s been ok since slipping over like he does every single week.

Every week he gives away 2 or 3 absolutely mind blowingly bad goals. He often lacks any form of intent of effort.

Believe me I like the lad too, I wish he would succeed, but take the rose tinted glasses off and see him for what he is. He is never going to make it.

If these are the standards we are setting as a club its no wonder we have been irrelevant for 10+ years.
Being okay isnt good enough.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not even ā€œokayā€.

1 Like