#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Really happy with this pick up as well.

St Francis.

That’s actually a great nickname for him. Saint. Perfect way to always remind Ameet that we got Francis with the pick he traded for Carlisle.

Parish of st Francis

St Francis alone should be enough to remind that Francis leech is a complete colostomy bag

-1 point for mentiong that merchant banker that follows the aints.
Bonus points for calling him a "complete colostomy bag ". BRAVO!

This kid will be known as the best player from the draft in future

This kid will be known as the best player from the draft in future
I hope you right, because a player that powerful being that good can make a side.

But I think Parish will be better.

St Francis.

That’s actually a great nickname for him. Saint. Perfect way to always remind Ameet that we got Francis with the pick he traded for Carlisle.

Parish of st Francis

St Francis alone should be enough to remind that Francis leech is a complete colostomy bag

My only regret is the bag serves a purpose

Dodoro said he was 193 now, Is he a CHF?

St Francis.

Parish of st Francis

My only regret is the bag serves a purpose

I’m sure old franky leech could serve the same purpose.

1 Like
Dodoro said he was 193 now, Is he a CHF?
Hopefully he keeps growing to around 195/96cm

Probably been mentioned but Francis could potentially be an upgrade on Roughead. Multiple positions for both but Francis is the intercept King which would happen all over the ground.

Are we expecting too much of Francis to assume he will play a fair bit of AFL football in his first year? I mean wasn’t one of his slight knocks was that he needs to build his engine up a fair bit? Just thinking its a similar situation to when we drafted Myers who also didn’t have an elite tank in his first few years so it took him a bit of time to actually become AFL fit. Yes I know he was very unlucky with injuries but players like Heppel and Zerret were already running very good times in their first years, hence their great debut seasons.

Pretty sure the fitness issue with Francis is if we want him playing midfield. He’s fine for playing other roles.

It’d take a hell of a player to be better than roughead.

Francis might not be able to run 15 or 16 in the beep tests, but he makes up for it by positioning him self in the right places instead of running where the ball isn’t going.
Very smart footballer.

Probably been mentioned but Francis could potentially be an upgrade on Roughead. Multiple positions for both but Francis is the intercept King which would happen all over the ground.
Do you mean Jarryd Roughead the superstar from Hawthorn, played over 200 games, kicked nearly 500 goals? Or the hack who just got traded from Footscray?
Do you mean Jarryd Roughead the superstar from Hawthorn, played over 200 games, kicked nearly 500 goals? Or the hack who just got traded from Footscray?

That hack was Talia.

It'd take a hell of a player to be better than roughead.
Not sure why given he hasn't played a game yet but there's 'something' about the bloke. And he looked a big unit standing next to Dodoro too in one of the latest videos.

That game against WA, Francis had 9 scoring shots for 4:5. There’s a bit of a clue right there from Mr Utility. Think he’s an uncomplicated person who sees ball, gets ball.

Roughead can literally play everywhere, kpd, kpf, midfield, ■■■■ even small forward.

If I was to choose a player from the comp to slot into the Bombers…Roughead every day of the week. Thats over Ablett, Fyfe etc etc etc. The bloke is a gun, can play anywhere, tall, runs all day, skilful, perfect aggression at the ball and player, and a generally good bloke and team man.

Makes me sick…

I hope they keep him in the twos for a bit, look after his body. He may be that good, but the last thing we need is 4-5 years of minor injuries like Myers and Hurley.

I hope they keep him in the twos for a bit, look after his body. He may be that good, but the last thing we need is 4-5 years of minor injuries like Myers and Hurley.

He’s played sanfl footy, doesn’t need to be babied like a lot of vic players.

I have some inside info to share with you.

As some of you may know, the Dees were seriously considering picking Francis with pick 3, and whilst they favoured Oliver, they scheduled a meeting with Francis just before the draft to give him an opportunity to change their minds.

Apparently Francis sabotaged the meeting on purpose, such was his desire to join the Dons.

How do I know this?

My connections gave me the transcript of the interview:

Melbourne Recruiter: So, what would you say is your best attribute?

Francis: I get to sleep very easily. 15 hours a night.

Melbourne Recruiter: We hear you have some endurance issues. What are you doing about it?

Francis: I’ve been very proactive. I got myself a running coach.

Melbourne Recruiter: That’s great! Who is your coach?

Francis: Relton Roberts

Melbourne Recruiter: To succeed, you need passion for the game. Do you have passion for the game?

Francis: Definitely … yeah, um, sure … sometimes …

Melbourne Recruiter: What do you like most about AFL?

Francis: I’m a big fan of the 3 strike system.

Melbourne Recruiter: There is some talk that if we select you that you would be a flight risk. Is this true?

Francis: Not yet. But I am working on beating Boony’s record.

Melbourne Recruiter: What would you say has been your greatest achievement so far?

Francis: The other day I got pulled over by the cops and blew .04

Melbourne Recruiter: You have been likened to Luke Hodge, Josh Gibson and Brendon Goddard. Which player is a good comparison to how you play?

Francis: Because I can play lots of different roles, I wouldn’t say there is one player. I feel I have the courage of Jimmy Toumpas, the competitiveness of Lucas Cook, the consistency of Sam Blease, the durability of Luke Tapscott and the precision kicking skills of Cale Morton.

Melbourne Recruiter: What current Melbourne player do you most want to emulate?

Francis: Dean Terlich

Melbourne Recruiter:
What benefit would drafting you have on our organisation?

Francis: It would take a lot of the focus off Jack Watts.

Melbourne Recruiter: Well, that’s about it. Thanks for meeting us on such short notice Aaron!

Francis: No problem. You wouldn’t happen to have a light on you, would you?

Can someone get Jackie to incorporate this into the next comic! Clever.

It may be copyright but it’s not a bad idea. Brilliant piece of work.