#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I have some inside info to share with you.

As some of you may know, the Dees were seriously considering picking Francis with pick 3, and whilst they favoured Oliver, they scheduled a meeting with Francis just before the draft to give him an opportunity to change their minds.

Apparently Francis sabotaged the meeting on purpose, such was his desire to join the Dons.

How do I know this?

My connections gave me the transcript of the interview:

Melbourne Recruiter: So, what would you say is your best attribute?

Francis: I get to sleep very easily. 15 hours a night.

Melbourne Recruiter: We hear you have some endurance issues. What are you doing about it?

Francis: I’ve been very proactive. I got myself a running coach.

Melbourne Recruiter: That’s great! Who is your coach?

Francis: Relton Roberts

Melbourne Recruiter: To succeed, you need passion for the game. Do you have passion for the game?

Francis: Definitely … yeah, um, sure … sometimes …

Melbourne Recruiter: What do you like most about AFL?

Francis: I’m a big fan of the 3 strike system.

Melbourne Recruiter: There is some talk that if we select you that you would be a flight risk. Is this true?

Francis: Not yet. But I am working on beating Boony’s record.

Melbourne Recruiter: What would you say has been your greatest achievement so far?

Francis: The other day I got pulled over by the cops and blew .04

Melbourne Recruiter: You have been likened to Luke Hodge, Josh Gibson and Brendon Goddard. Which player is a good comparison to how you play?

Francis: Because I can play lots of different roles, I wouldn’t say there is one player. I feel I have the courage of Jimmy Toumpas, the competitiveness of Lucas Cook, the consistency of Sam Blease, the durability of Luke Tapscott and the precision kicking skills of Cale Morton.

Melbourne Recruiter: What current Melbourne player do you most want to emulate?

Francis: Dean Terlich

Melbourne Recruiter:
What benefit would drafting you have on our organisation?

Francis: It would take a lot of the focus off Jack Watts.

Melbourne Recruiter: Well, that’s about it. Thanks for meeting us on such short notice Aaron!

Francis: No problem. You wouldn’t happen to have a light on you, would you?

I don’t mean to gush but this is brilliant

Not enough endurance.....pffffttt. Give it a spell.

Hurley was criticized in his draft year as being ‘too slow’ and wouldn’t be able to run with key forwards. Look how that turned out, he constantly chases down and makes spoils from behind. But because of the criticism he learnt how to cut angles and read the footy better.

It’s all relative anyway, much prefer we draft gun footballers than gun athletes.

Hah. Remember that. Don’t know what it’s like nowadays but I remember back then when 20m sprint times were the ‘holy grail’ of the draft camp. How about just stick to watching the fella play, eh chaps?

Thing is, when your anticipation is better than your opponent, you can negate any speed issues.

It’s football not Athletics.

Dodoro said the 193cm Francis — a Dons fan who joined the club at No. 6 — would start as a “Jake Stringer-type” forward and evolve into a big-bodied midfielder, dismissing knocks on his stamina

Just as I’d hoped. 3rd tall fwd who is actually a serious threat overhead.

It’s like we’ve got our very own Curnow!

It's like we've got our very own Curnow!

Curnow wishes he was as good as Francis.
Francis will be twice the player & man Curnow will ever be.

Dodoro said the 193cm Francis — a Dons fan who joined the club at No. 6 — would start as a “Jake Stringer-type” forward and evolve into a big-bodied midfielder, dismissing knocks on his stamina

■■■■, if he’s anywhere near as good as Stringer, keep him forward.

That's some magic touch right there.

Ha. Just jokes. Seriously though, can see commentators fawning over Curnow for no reason while Francis puts in repeat performances and gets a begrudging respect from them.

Ha. Just jokes. Seriously though, can see commentators fawning over Curnow for no reason while Francis puts in repeat performances and gets a begrudging respect from them.

Yeah, but in the seconds who really cares…

I have some inside info to share with you.

As some of you may know, the Dees were seriously considering picking Francis with pick 3, and whilst they favoured Oliver, they scheduled a meeting with Francis just before the draft to give him an opportunity to change their minds.

Apparently Francis sabotaged the meeting on purpose, such was his desire to join the Dons.

How do I know this?

My connections gave me the transcript of the interview:

Melbourne Recruiter: So, what would you say is your best attribute?

Francis: I get to sleep very easily. 15 hours a night.

Melbourne Recruiter: We hear you have some endurance issues. What are you doing about it?

Francis: I’ve been very proactive. I got myself a running coach.

Melbourne Recruiter: That’s great! Who is your coach?

Francis: Relton Roberts

Melbourne Recruiter: To succeed, you need passion for the game. Do you have passion for the game?

Francis: Definitely … yeah, um, sure … sometimes …

Melbourne Recruiter: What do you like most about AFL?

Francis: I’m a big fan of the 3 strike system.

Melbourne Recruiter: There is some talk that if we select you that you would be a flight risk. Is this true?

Francis: Not yet. But I am working on beating Boony’s record.

Melbourne Recruiter: What would you say has been your greatest achievement so far?

Francis: The other day I got pulled over by the cops and blew .04

Melbourne Recruiter: You have been likened to Luke Hodge, Josh Gibson and Brendon Goddard. Which player is a good comparison to how you play?

Francis: Because I can play lots of different roles, I wouldn’t say there is one player. I feel I have the courage of Jimmy Toumpas, the competitiveness of Lucas Cook, the consistency of Sam Blease, the durability of Luke Tapscott and the precision kicking skills of Cale Morton.

Melbourne Recruiter: What current Melbourne player do you most want to emulate?

Francis: Dean Terlich

Melbourne Recruiter:
What benefit would drafting you have on our organisation?

Francis: It would take a lot of the focus off Jack Watts.

Melbourne Recruiter: Well, that’s about it. Thanks for meeting us on such short notice Aaron!

Francis: No problem. You wouldn’t happen to have a light on you, would you?

Can someone get Jackie to incorporate this into the next comic! Clever.

Where is this quote from?

Really happy with this pick up as well.

St Francis.

If anyone wants to check out what he is like up forward go on the afl site and there should be a full match replay SA vs WA. He kicks 4 goals and in the 4th quarter check out at 5 50 that gets me really excited. http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-06-06/under-18s-sa-v-wa-q4

If anyone wants to check out what he is like up forward go on the afl site and there should be a full match replay SA vs WA. He kicks 4 goals and in the 4th quarter check out at 5 50 that gets me really excited. http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-06-06/under-18s-sa-v-wa-q4

Nice ride and then let’s him know about it. Looks like he can play that utility role, will be really interesting to watch his development and how the EFC use him. Really excited about what he could be and his impact to us next season.

I hope that we have an better run with injuries next year, to our mature players, so that we can give the younger players some relief from having to play “above weight” and some harder bodies around the ball. It will allow the younger players to develop better and gain confidence in themselves and the game plan.

St Francis.

That’s actually a great nickname for him. Saint. Perfect way to always remind Ameet that we got Francis with the pick he traded for Carlisle.

For me it’s my fave pick of the draft. Love everything about the guy and has very much a Goddard is his peak/Hodge feel about him from what I’ve seen. His intercept marking is fantastic but he can do anything.

Hodge was a lardo when he started.

St Francis.

That’s actually a great nickname for him. Saint. Perfect way to always remind Ameet that we got Francis with the pick he traded for Carlisle.

Parish of st Francis

St Francis alone should be enough to remind that Francis leech is a complete colostomy bag

Didn’t he say he was happy playing down back?