#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Ok I was wrong

2 Likes

As long as you’re willing to admit that now…

2 Likes

Haha

Nah his efforts were great. If only we had 22 of him

Yeah, i kinda agree, but I just reckon franga is more beneficial down there. Its not hard to shuffle magnets. I do think Ridley has a future but i think he’s not as great as what the majority think. I thought he was poor today

His first quarter was very good.

It wasn’t just fitness but that Geelong realised they had to put more work into him. Was getting double teamed thereafter.

12 possessions, 7 marks and should have kicked 2 goals.

On the surface it looks like an ok game from a makeshift forward.

But I assume at which the Cats ran the ball out he offered nothing in terms of defensive pressure?

Agree on Ridley.

Reckon Gleeson will take back that spot.

Franga can’t play in the same backline as Hooker Hurley Ambrose. It’s harsh, but it’s real.

1 Like

He tried harder than Daniher did, but he wasn’t great.

Yeah, that’s fair enough. I wouldnt drop franga, at all regardless. He’s clearly good enough in the 22. Ridley for gleeson is a no brainer, when fit i reckon

1 Like

He’s not a forward. The best he looked was when he wasn’t in the F50. In the 3rd he worked up the ground and took a couple of nice marks presenting up. Still should’ve kicked 2, he’s a lovely field kick so to see him badly miss 2 reasonably routine set shots was disappointing. He probably has to play up there again on Friday just given our lack of fit tall forwards at the moment.

1 Like

Was better than Joe, Tippa, Bags, Zaka, Guelfi just to name a few

6 Likes

That doesn’t mean he was good though.
Some of those guys have way more credits in the bank.
And you hate Bags. He could have 20 possessions, kick 5 goals and lay 8 tackles and you’d still bag him

1 Like

He wasn’t great but he needs a set of games to prove himself. You can’t drop him after one game especially when others were worse

1 Like

All things considered* I thought he performed as expected.

*is a defender, isn’t exactly a Brown-type aerobic forward, has been trained down back for most of his career, midfield was horrendous, forwardline was out-coached.

He needs to work on his mid-range set shots. Got too close on both occasions and had virtually no momentum from his ‘walk in’. But if he nails both those shots people wouldn’t be talking too much about him right now.

2 Likes

I thought he was too soft today?but so was most of the team though

I reckon he was decent in a forward line that was disfunctional.

Presented alright around the ground and should have kicked 2 goals

1 Like

When you have 7 forward talls on your list in Daniher, McKernan, Brown, Stewart, Laverde, Gown and Stringer and 4 of them are injured and one just a kid, and Francis has played there before, then you have no other options.

3 Likes

JW: hold my beer

1 Like

Francis is a real intriguing one for me. As stated many times, he oozes talent but can’t dominate on a consistent level. He missed an early gimme shot on goal against the Cats, and I wonder if that was swirling around his head for the rest of the game? Noting earlier Blitzer training reports that suggest he can be very hard on himself.

I think an exceptional sports psychologist is what he needs to help him focus on “the next contest” & flick his cognition to " game on ■■■■■■■".

The club has got to fix this dude as a priority.

2 Likes

He either has a tank that lasts for a quarter and a half or simply fades away in interest.

Both are worrying signs, was a copy of his last ANZAC game.

Don’t really mind if he kicks those goals or not, but want to see him impact a game for 4 quarters.