#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I think that will come later now. Keep playing him fwd for a bit.

The lifting of responsibility for a man is doing his head good for the minute. It’s helping him get confidence to just play free of it and start feeling he belongs.

Grabs didn’t stick, but his Footy brain is waking. As Dingus said, … he did a lot of good 1% er’s, taps to advantage etc.

9 Likes

If Francis isn’t the answer then you’ve been asking the wrong question.
For a looooooong time.

1 Like

His continued improvement is very encouraging. Really enjoyed his game tonight.

1 Like

imagine if he had Brown’s engine…

1 Like

Played a very important role between the arcs. Lead up very well to provide an option, most of our best passages of play involved him. Nice that he topped off his hard work with a long goal.

1 Like

Remember when Blitz said will never be a forward?

1 Like

So 1 game where he kicks 1 goal changes that?

Was very good tonight, but he’s still far better as a defender

5 Likes

I think he’s getting comfortable in the forward line and will open a game up soon.

2 Likes

Has to play

His little taps. smothers, bumps don’t get on the stat sheet but are so important.

Natural footballer

14 Likes

I think he had 3 or 4 of those that resulted in goals.

4 Likes

Worked his way up the ground and was able to utilize his natural instincts as a footballer, loved his celebration after his goal.

1 Like

Lets be honest here, the wheel is possibly slowly moving in the right direction but for me he’s 1 quiet game next week away from being punted out of the team.

1 Like

He was quite good IMO. He’s still a defender though. I have massive concerns with how we are developing him.

1 Like

Yep.

I can feel the selection panels dilemma.

He hasn’t got himself in front of Ambrose or Hurley in the backline.

He won’t displace Daniher or Stringer in the forward line.

And McKernan and Brown are about to start putting their hand up.

You have this immensely talented footballer, but where does he fit?

3 Likes

Needs to keep playing, looked like his confidence was growing in the air as the game went on, but was more impressive on the ground crashing contests and was good with the ball in the congestion, better than most our mids, has to be a role for this type of talent in our soft as butter side for sure

Got caught behind a lot inside the 50, which suggested def not a natural forward

1 Like

Possibly.

I feel for both him, and the coaches tho.
He started the year as best 22 in the backline, and about 7th in line for a forward gig, and we’ve been forced to use him forward.
They probably only had a week to switch his whole training program up, given how quickly the injuries came.

2 Likes

So happy to see him attack the contest with serious intent last night. He was outwardly invested in the game too. And the elation with kicking the goal was so palpable, heartwarming. Super talented player, one that in time will play in all parts of the ground. Current role, albeit out of necessity, is all part of the education. “Should” remain in the team for the rest of the season… let’s hope so.

4 Likes

Imagine if this guy could run a few more kms each game?

That’s what he’s gotta do… The average AFL player runs 12 to 13 kms. He’s nowhere near that and he isn’t a 1st choice KP that can get away with 7 to 8 kms. He’s competing with Brown, Redmond etc… just needs to do a Stringer and get fitter

I vaguely remember he’d covered the most kms in the team at half time last week. Is he really that far off the mark? I have this feeling he’s fit but not getting value from his efforts.

How do you know how many kms he does a week?