#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving full-Ironmans

Nobody is as despised as an outside player in a team who can’t win the contested ball. You look shithouse because other people aren’t doing their job.

5 Likes

He did the Oceania Ironman in Busselton yesterday. Not sure of the time.

2 Likes

https://www.ironman.com/im-western-australia-results#/tracker/RLSPKFA5

His marathon of 3:32 was 112th overall.

The cycling was his weak spot.

2 Likes

“Weak”

Prolly managing heart rate so he actually had the gas to finish the marathon in a decent time?

By “weak” I mean he was 180th overall for swimming, 344th for cycling, and 112th for running.

Given the swim takes 1 hour, the ride 6.5 hours, and the run 3.5 hours, it’s also where he could slice off the most time.

2 Likes

That’s two weird bumps now and I still have no idea why L Don hates Zaharakis so much.

Did your girlfriend/boyfriend say he was hot or something?

I expected him to go under 10 hours.
needs to take time off the cycling leg, maybe he had a mechanical?

No catastrophic event obvious… he was pretty consistent in the cycling leg (it’s a flat course).

1 Like

Looks like it’s all uphill. No wonder he struggled.

5 Likes

Ha, I had an ex workmate doing this. He was marginally slower than Zaharakis on the swim, 30 minutes quicker on the ride, and then completely blew up after about 20km in the run to finish about 40 minutes down in the end. Perhaps should have ridden more slowly!!

2 Likes

He just rode well within his limits, avg heart rate ~133pbm, that’s base training stuff. Saving it for the run.

2 Likes

I would be concerned if my partner said he was ugly

1 Like

under ten hours this time. decent effort.

8 Likes

Still looks in good shape

KOUTA

3 Likes

liked by Kouta

He’s coming to Essendon!

He looks happy. Great to see!!

1 Like

Does he have any aspirations to return to the club in any capacity?

He’s in better shape now… By his own admission he’s fitter and stronger, but not as dynamic as when he was playing.