#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving full-Ironmans

Think that’s underselling him a fair bit.

1 Like

My slight issue with zaka and I guess essendon of the last 20 years. Is he had potential for a significantly better career.

1 Like

Im afraid not. It was a waste of his talent. And he was an endless source of frustration through the years. A significant portion of his career was spent with supporters calling for him to be dropped on a weekly basis.

On the other hand, he was a good club man and very loyal. Heard he was also very good with making the younger players feel welcome at the club.

He was good enough to have a long career at the club, but he never reached the heights that we all hoped for after those first few years.

Won more games than ANZAC off his own boot. Pinch hit as inside mid when we were gutted. Wasn’t at the very top level but a career waaaay above the average for his draft pick (and he was a reasonably high draft pick). If you’re disappointed because you expected more than what he was able to eke out, that’s not really on him.

5 Likes

He went on survivor.

I actually thought he played up to/made the most of his talents.
I know some early days had him pegged as the second coming of Judd but I never saw him as that.
As mentioned above, if he’d played in a more successful side he’d be thought of quite highly imo.

3 Likes

this is one of the bizzarest bumps in blitz history.

1 Like

None of your business, but as you asked I run a successful commodity trading desk in the US. As far as my field goes I’ve achieved far more than Zaka in the 20 odd years I’ve been doing it. The reality is he was average at best in his chosen field. Nothing more.

I don’t know why people think athletes are the only ones capable of achieving something. I just don’t idolize a bunch of young kids because they play footy. I find it weird.

Desk Ironman :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

2 Likes

LOL

How many Brownlow votes have you got ? Zaka got 46.

Being average in the AFL is still quite an achievement, reckon being an average Commodity Trader would be a bummer.

We were talking about football, but no problem with you extending it to the esteemed career you claim to have.

Maybe that comment is just a tad weird.

5 Likes

I mean he’d have a point - if this was a commodity trading forum…

5 Likes

Fk, all these years I thought I was on CommerceBlitz

9 Likes

Zaka at Geelong or Hawthorn would not have been considered average. Unfortunately he unded up at this shithole.

2 Likes

We’re crying out for a messiah aren’t we?

2 Likes

I always thought Zaka would have become a Mitch Duncan level player if he went to a team with higher standards

I think we found @ben_doolan_stockbrok’s burner account. They reckoned everyone else was rubbish, too.

6 Likes

@El_Don doing an Iron Man - 3.8 km swim, 180 km bike ride and 42.2 km run in under 4.5 hours at 33 years of age, I guess is just average as well.

Edit: @Houli_Dooli points out that yesterday it was only a half Iron Man; 1.9 km swim, 90 km bike ride, 21.1 km run - obviously Zaka is a showboat and a slacker, and does things by halves.

Yep and I know he got gifted games because he was so good-looking and won the Crichton Medal in a very weak year where we only finished eighth.

3 Likes

Commodity desk Blitz is probably awash with tales of El Don’s trading heroics.

1 Like

Zaka :heart_eyes: