#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/3X/4/3/439154d1d3bde78eb2ba0e9e65d3ab76dd964082.jpeg

Far from our worst out there yesterday, but this ■■■■ (Fantasia was the same), drop them both for this cr4p. Make a statement, if Woosha doesn’t show this to the entire team today asking if this is what we stand for there is something very wrong.

This attitude is worse than the result. He needs to be torn to shreds in the media this week, anyone with twitters please tweet this @ robbo / lloyd etc so they can at least highlight how disgraceful it is.

3 Likes

Look, he was sh*t. So were a LOT of other guys

But the worrying thing is that there was a lot, LOT of contests he shirked even for his standards, zero defensive pressure, and he looked slow. If he has another mediocre season, he will end up a VFL player by the end of the year imo.

2 Likes

Amazingly, the Age put Zaka down as one of our ‘best’ players. What game was their reporter watching?

3 Likes

“AFL player shows he is human, cracks a smile with another human AFL player”.

Storm in a teacup this one.

3 Likes

I thought Zaka was ok. Far from our worst.

1 Like

I call BS, he’s not smiling, he was laughing. Dylan Shiel is mates with them all and looked shattered, head down, not laughing.
If that’s the kind of attitude he has publicly after getting belted:

1. what message does it send to the blokes in the VFL / Younger kids
  2. what’s his care factor behind closed doors?

If you do nothing about it, nothing will happen and our season will be done in a month. Wasnt our worst by any stretch, but he should be dropped for that cr4p, sorry.

4 Likes

Laughing, smiling…it’s all semantics. He is entitled to laugh and joke as much as he wants after a ■■■■ day at work, because to him, playing AFL is a job.

I’m certain he cares about how the team performs, because he would not have played almost 200 games if he didn’t. But at that point in time, he was chin wagging and had a laugh. That is all there is to it.

He will go down as the only Essendon player to play 200+ games and never win a final. That’s something to hang his hat on

1 Like

i think that photo clearly shows he doesnt

1 Like

Properly just went off his SuperCoach score.

I’m really starting to think I’m the only one in here who thinks it’s entirely appropriate to leave a bad day at work behind as soon as it is over.

Your bosses all must love you.

Seriously, there is a time and a place where Zaka will have to be super critical about his performance, and if he isn’t there will be repercussions. Straight after the siren is not that time.

how many games would he have been gifted over the years because of “ZAHARAAAAKIS! ZAHARAKIS HAS KICKED A GOAL!”?

had a good laugh when i saw zacka trying to defend an opponent in defensive 50. Did not have a clue how to and his opponent took the mark. Clearly we are still ‘trialing’ things that just ain’t going to work

1 Like

The thing that disappoints the most was his lack of leadership in a crisis. I didn’t / couldn’t watch all the game but there were moments when clean delivery into F50 was required and he duly handed the ball back to the Giants. Unacceptable for a player with 200 games experience.

Zaharakis got 9 contested possessions yesterday.

8 blokes got 9 or less possessions all day.

Are we certain the problem isn’t elsewhere?

6 Likes

His best footy is awesome, we just hardly see it.

1 Like

Yep, but when players need whipping the whipping boy is brought out.

Built like Tarzan,
Plays like Jane.
That’s what a fellow friend of mine calls Stewart.

None have played 200 league games, one is a negating lock down forward pocket (baguette) one a squib ruckman, :bellhop_bell:. Smack at ff which the ball hardly came down , Guelfi young lockdown player and tippa, forward pocket. Not making excuses for these blokes but zaka has a lot to answer for after that display.

Interesting, I was unaware of that.