#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving half-Ironmans

I’d move him to half-back. The ball use from our running defenders (Gleeson and Dempsey) is poor, and they are not winning much of it either. At least it would get Zaka away from a hard-tag, get him running straight at the ball, and improve our efficiency out of the back half.

I'd move him to half-back. The ball use from our running defenders (Gleeson and Dempsey) is poor, and they are not winning much of it either. At least it would get Zaka away from a hard-tag, get him running straight at the ball, and improve our efficiency out of the back half.

I’ve heard far worse ideas than this one.

Playing him forward, least he can kick straight

I'd move him to half-back. The ball use from our running defenders (Gleeson and Dempsey) is poor, and they are not winning much of it either. At least it would get Zaka away from a hard-tag, get him running straight at the ball, and improve our efficiency out of the back half.

no and no. just no. dont want a bloke who has no appetite for a contest and no height to lock down on any legitimate forward threat to be anywhere near the half back line.

Re-sign, back him in and coach him on how to handle a tag.

He should spend the rest of the year with Crowley. We may as well use Crowley for something.

You can’t teach “heart”.

Re-sign, back him in and coach him on how to handle a tag.

He should spend the rest of the year with Crowley. We may as well use Crowley for something.

You can’t teach “heart”.

I was thinking more along the lines of resilience. HTFU, that sort of thing.

Keep him in so merrett doesn’t get tagged and it helps my supercoach team.

At least if he's the one getting tagged then Merrett isn't.

Plus, the other guys coming back next season.

why does everyone assume that he won’t get tagged next season even with all the others back

Plenty of HBF get tagged and what’s worse is that because he is not defensive minded his tagger may end up kicking a couple of goals.

why does everyone assume that he won't get tagged next season even with all the others back

I assumed Serenity Now was being sarcastic so I joined in.

Where's old mate Ben Doolan the Stockbroker these days? Gone the way of Bomb Doe post SAGA?

probably a bit light headed.

Smoke signal has wafted across my desk. Zaka has had a better career than I originally thought. All these guys are playing with the saga as a back drop. For Zaka, and some of the older guys putting your body on the line for limited reward, at their age is probably something they struggle with on a weekly basis. Hopefully a big year next year.

He has been a good, slightly better than average servant.

Apart from the soda he missed yesterday of course

Apart from the soda he missed yesterday of course

Yep…should’ve drilled that
At least it was a better attempt than Cooney’s from a similar spot

WOW everyone seems to forget that he and Merret basically carried this team in the first half of the year.
If he was no good opposition wouldn’t tag him.
yep past couple of weeks have been poor, but before that he has been great this year.
Pretty hard to be an outside running player, when you lose every centre clearance like yesterday.
I actually cant wait to get Zaka, Fanta, colyer and tippa on the end of the inside work of myers, Watson, hocking and parish next year.
Don’t throw all you your toys out of the cot people cos things are tough at the moment. Back the guy in who has carried a big burden this year.

Dude, you’re doing it wrong…

Blitz pls.

WOW everyone seems to forget that he and Merret basically carried this team in the first half of the year. If he was no good opposition wouldn't tag him. yep past couple of weeks have been poor, but before that he has been great this year. Pretty hard to be an outside running player, when you lose every centre clearance like yesterday. I actually cant wait to get Zaka, Fanta, colyer and tippa on the end of the inside work of myers, Watson, hocking and parish next year. Don't throw all you your toys out of the cot people cos things are tough at the moment. Back the guy in who has carried a big burden this year.

Yeah, he and merret carried the team and the 19 year old has continued on.

Should have punched Robinson in the guts and taken another week off.

I wonder if he is also maybe carrying a niggle. He has previously shown he can’t perform if not at 100% fitness. He is a finely tuned machine that only plays great footy when at full fitness. Which is frustrating but look at other players like Ablett and Wells they can’t play at all with an injury. So I’m hoping he is dealing with something which would otherwise see him miss time but with our list so threadbare he is electing to play through it.

Or maybe not. I don’t know. But boy he was missing most of yesterday.