#12 Mark Baguley

In 2019 he is averaging

1.16 goals per game
9.7 disposals
2.5 tackles

He is in the side for pressure so I would love to see those tackle numbers increase to 4-5 a game.

Walla averaging 2 goals, 12 touches and 4.7 tackles a game

1 Like

AND how many free kicks against per game…

Answering my own question here but averages 2.33 frees against and 0.5 free kicks for.

Part of my frustration

2 Likes

Going by this it means you have already dismissed Draper as a viable ruckman to replace TBC. That is apart from the Doggies not letting English go, and they won’t.

I remember some recruiter rating Tim English as the best in that draft. Only reason he dropped is because teams don’t want to invest top picks for ruckmen. Said he is Cox like.

All the more then, that the Doggies would hold on to him.

Bark Maguely

Are you broken?

2 Likes

brou yoken actually

1 Like

Urry Flog.

8 Likes

GurrlyFog

1 Like

Should you drop a player who is performing well but their replacement might do better?

I would lean towards having both play and drop a poorly performing player if it’s possible to shift things around a bit. These days many positions are fluid and see players all over the ground.

I think dropping a player that is performing well sends a bad message to the team.

1 Like

Depends. We dropped Ham who I would say performed well in his debut for someone else.

There are occasions where it will make sense, and times when it will not.

It’s a very good question. You have situations where one of your very best players has been out and is ready to come back. You cant imagine leaving a Hird, Lloyd or Fletcher out when they were good to return. You just had to find a way to bring them back in.

In most sides there will always be someone who is just doing ok and can be moved out.

Baguley with 3 goals is doing his job, unless the coaches wanted him to do something else and is failing badly at that.

1 Like

Walla gets more midfield time

Geelong let champion players like Kelly/Chapman/Enright go to get games into their kids and yet this bloke remains an auto-inclusion for us every week.

Yes, I know the whole team stunk it up. Yes, I know he kicked 3 goals last week. And yes, he had 6 tackles and a goal today.

But honestly, the only goals he seems to get these days are ones that are spoon fed to him. You can’t count on him to win a contest, he has no obvious natural forward craft and I’d much rather we get games into blokes like Ham/Begley/Mynott instead. I’d even rather we play Guelfi in the same role and then bring in another midfielder.

The bar is honestly so low re what Baguley needs to produce each week to keep his spot - there simply has to be other options.

Back the kids in - our VFL side is undefeated, so clearly there’s talent there. It might not pay off right away but just look at how well Redman has flourished once we were prepared to make the tough call on Goddard.

4 Likes

Seagull.

With them marking or spoiling practically every entry the smalls had little chance really

Correct. He’s always a minimum of 3 paces from any contest when the ball comes into forward line, time to move on.