#12 Will Setterfield

When we got him, I likened him to Will Brodie.
And felt that we’d go past him by his second year (this year).

It doesn’t mean he’s a wasted pick. I’m fine getting a player as a stop gap whilst youngsters develop and push them aside.

2 Likes

…Scania

Absolutely, he is our big bodied midfielder we need in the middle, big second half of the year from him and an important addition back in our midfield

2 Likes

Except into the lead up into every game vs the Klan

3 Likes

Brodie’s played 54 senior games, but also 50+ state league games, plus was fit but not playing most of 2020. He’s had some injuries but he’s spent more time just not being selected.

3 Likes

Trained today. Good signs for now. Hope he’s right to go next week.

2 Likes

Pretty sure setterfield is at his 3rd club, drafted to GWS then Bloos then us

1 Like

Wasn’t ginger at all? Maybe last week was indeed a knock but we’ve been sold that story before…

Tbh I’m just passing on information so I don’t know how he trained.

Edit: was listed as training fine along with Draper, Baldwin et al

Melbourne giving up Harmes and Jordan kind of show you the importance of having mature B and C tier midfielders who are mature and can perform in the middle when called upon

1 Like

Setters is just reaching his football peak. He should have plenty of good football ahead of him and we may not have even seen his best as yet. While he is not a long term solution he does bring valuable attributes to the team and there is a place for him going forward. All of the above is contingent on him remaining injury free. l for one am going to back him in.

7 Likes

And now Jordan is performing for the ladder leaders or is it Jordans performance shows he has helped his team to be on top of the ladder

From an ability/attribute point of view I agree somewhat, but the bloke just cannot get continuity. Seems as though he’s another one of those players who can’t withstand the rigours of AFL footy.

1 Like

How is this guy not being spoken about on here?
Another 12 tackles in the VFL yesterday and was constantly doing the hard stuff. He has always performed in the AFL when not injured and doing things no one else in the senior team want’s to do… Tackle, chase, block and work hard defensively.
If you’re reading this post and think he shouldn’t be playing i’d love to understand why.

18 Likes

Personally I reckon he should be in the firsts, taking Stringer’s spot at centre bounces. At least he has a defensive bone in his body

2 Likes

He should be in the side a the C for the rest of the year, we play better when he is there.

That Shiel and Parish played over the midfielders who are dominating VFL is idiotic.

5 Likes

Yeah, I dont understand why he hasn’t been recalled to the seniors.

Because our team selection is as bad as our recruiting?

1 Like

We brought Shiel in because the connection between our mids and forwards was diabolical and we hoped he’d help (and at the same time we restructured our forward line entirely, and then undid our restructure a week later). We brought a clearly very underdone Parish in because we panicked after a couple of abject losses. We’re continually selecting reactively like this, we make knee-jerk changes in the hope that Player X Will Fix Our Problems rather than trying to look at the team as a whole, and take balance etc into account and try to build continuity and chemistry.

14 Likes