#13 Nik Cox

Possibly just needs a laxative.

2 Likes

More like an extra from Romper Stomper. Will take that intensity this early though (not the nazi energy, the tackle energy)

Coxy’s Big Break: right ankle.

Drafted less than two calendar years ago ≈ almost three years.

3 Likes

Fair dinkum, posters here need to get a grip.

A player who looked promising in his first year and was injured in his second is getting the ■■■■ bagged out of him.

14 Likes

Imagine the player he could be if he had the heart of someone like Lloyd or Baggley, even Hobbs and Durham!

Great photos from the man on the spot.

1 Like

just curious, but what is his AFL career average?

16.6, you know you can just google it right??

So it seems he’s back training today with no obvious signs of serious damage. Looks like a bullet has been dodged.

(Knock on wood)

12 Likes

5 Likes

How tall is he ???

You have no idea. Best to just not make any assessments on the appropriate body size of a 20 year old player that is 200cm+ tall. Come back when he is 25 cause thats when he should have the “right body type” by. Will be a gun, cheers

1 Like

People think I went hard at Tsatas predraft, with my critique.

But I think I went harder on Cox predraft.

Cox is one of the rare situations, where I don’t believe our coaching and development set ups were going to be able to support Cox.
As he was a pure athlete, with some nice skills. But the club’s track record of finding a position for players that suits them, then developing them…… is simply a disaster, if they’re arriving at the club without defined position.

His frame was always a problem, as he doesn’t look like a guy who will have the physique to play Key position. I see him filling out to a Mitch Brown physique at best.

3 Likes

Why are you quoting yourself?

3 Likes

Wowzas dont get ur nickers in a knot.

I didnt say he would or wouldnt be a gun for your information.
He has been in the system 2 years and has the exact same body shape as he did pre draft,
for the record I dont blame him for that, I just think our physical development coaching has been sub par for the last 5 years.

2 Likes

Rubbish

5 Likes

I don’t know how it’s possible but he was even skinnier pre-draft

3rd pre-season coming up. I hope his ankle issue at training is very minor and he’s back in full training next week, but 2023 shapes as a massive season for him. If he is to become a star player, law of averages would suggest that should happen over the next 12-24 months. The die is generally cast on a player within their first 5 years in the AFL system as to what they’ll be. If we see no signs of it across 2023-24, then we are probably looking at simply a good to very good AFL footballer who will be anywhere from the 10th-20th best player on your list. No star but a good honest senior player. If he is to be the game changer, that special quality player, there will be a game where the switch is flicked. Very few players have that happen after the age of 24-25. Just hope he gets a clear run at it, settles into a clearly defined role and can blossom…

4 Likes

yep total rubbish he looks so different.

1 Like

Agree, if he could at least become a Peter Cransberg type player for us I’d be happy enough at this point. Cransberg was very skillful player but also had durability issues due to his Cox like physique.

1 Like