#13 Nik Cox

Well, you did say that

3 Likes

He played 5 farking games in 2022, and to me looked injured from the first game vs Geelong.

You would seem meek as well if you had a bung foot meaning you could not run or kick, why they played him at all is a mystery. And yet in spite of that he still got 21 disposals in round 2 vs Brisbane.

Did you actually watch him play in any of those 5 games ?

7 Likes

Yes, and he was a shadow of the player from 2021. 5 games was a large enough sample size to say he shouldnā€™t have been playing at all. He was injured, he was out of form, but the real concern was that he seemed to be struggling with self-belief. He didnā€™t think he could play well, and the selectors showed a distinct lack of care and insight in putting him in the side. As things progressed his belief slid further and further. Itā€™s a hard thing to recollect once it slips and to perform at the elite level oneā€™s confidence has to be through the roof.
Youā€™ve totally missed the tone of my previous posts. 2022 was an aberration. 2021 is the player we have to work with.

1 Like

You could have just said thank you, thats informative.

7 Likes

You said he was ā€œmeekā€. He was injured.

5 Likes

Let me try to clear this upā€¦
In 2022 he ā€˜seemed meekā€™ as a consequence of being injured, being out of form, and being low on confidence.
He must accept a portion of the responsibility for putting his hand up to play despite these factors. The lionā€™s share, however, rests with the selectors who were negligent in their duties in not realising that he wasnā€™t fit to play.
19 year olds seldom confess to their own incapacities so they should have done their job and held him back.
It was as Ann as the nose on plainā€™s face.

1 Like

2nd year blues itā€™s pretty common

1 Like

Yes but cox pnly played 5 games and was injures. Cant really say 2nd yesr blues. If he played most of the season and was sub par for all of it then yes id say 2nd year bluea

Yes, like being told the average shoe size of draft picks 6 to 10 is informative.

I see you struggle with context and reading more than one sentence in a post.

You can do night classes to help with thatā€¦

Ye like that except on topic.

Ye? LIke Kanye West? Now thatā€™s off topic.

Oh, you meant ā€˜yeahā€™ but canā€™t spell.

Got it.

I reckon he can make it as a defender.

Heā€™s taken some good marks from memory. That hangar in one of his first training sessions as a bomber springs to mind.

Also he came on at 3/4 time as sub against freo in 2021 and was just about best on ground for that one quarter when he was the loose man in defence

Iā€™m pretty happy about it.

But I do think thatā€™s where heā€™ll end up.

The wing is a pipe dream.

2 Likes

You seem to struggle with being an absolute ā– ā– ā– ā– , not sure thereā€™s night classes for that tho

11 Likes

I see a guy whoā€™s 6ā€™6ā€, who should be able to build a base to run 15km a game, whoā€™s competitive at ground level with midfielders, can kick off both feet and take a grab and just think it would an absolute waste to play him in the backline. Thereā€™s so much to work with there.

5 Likes

I donā€™t see why the backline is a negative. Intercepting / rebounding defenders are gold in the modern game. Plus, we do need some height back there.

And I donā€™t think heā€™s that competitive with midfielders at ground level. Good for his size, sure.

11 Likes

in a few years coxy will play wherever the fark he wants to.
heā€™ll be that good.

6 Likes

I give that a YES oh ā– ā– ā– ā–  I am drunk wrong thread

2 Likes

I hope we wants to play half back.

1 Like