#13 Nik Cox

Wasted as a forward. Need his skill coming from defence. Reid and Cox are very skillful for their size, could be a very good backline when they’re ever fit and eat some cheeseburgers.

1 Like

A backline of Reid, Cox and Hayes.

Muscles.

7 Likes

Cox, Zerk or Ridley can all play mediums or tall in defence and all could be the extra man / 3rd man up (loose defender role).

Think scott had Cox earmarked for HBF.
would have given us a taller target to kick out from goal to as well

B: McGrath REID Zerk-Thatcher
hb: Redman Ridley Cox

int: LAV/Kelly

I would replace Hayes with Redman and move Redman to the midfield.

You really want the VFL team to improve!

I’m talking 2024/25

for those that have forgotten this screams HBF (also lol at the music)

11 Likes

if you are lefty that wouldn’t be so bad,
but righty is downright creepy.

his got a booming a precise kick off either pig he a great guy to pivot off from half back

1 Like

Still think his ceiling is legit high, I love Cox

4 Likes

Wherever he plays, the first mission needs to be to help him find his confidence again. Confidence in his own game and to feel like he has the backing of the coaching staff to express himself on-field. And of course, confidence in his own body.

If he finds this mojo, the rest will sort itself out IMO.

4 Likes

so do i but we need to find the right role and i don’t think it’s going to be locking down the oppositions best forward or being focal point forward for us.

1 Like

Can we get this re-scored with Linkin Park?

1 Like

Can he play a similar role to that of Blakey at the Swans, not as fast but when they have a full backline they often try get him to be the 7th/loose man behind the ball and let him run and carry

That’s the highlights tape that had me thinking he was one of the best kicks, either foot, you would see. However, in the games he has played for us, his kicking has been pretty poor. I just don’t get why it would be so much worse. I know it’s a highlights tape, but the difference is huge.

2 Likes

I don’t think he can wobble his head like Blakey when he runs. It’s a rare ability.

2 Likes

in this clip he’s getting a lot of time to dispose against players half his size.

senior level is whole different bag, big lads with 10to 15kg on you closing you down fast will make most players rush their disposal a bit. It’s takes time to build the confidence and strength to hold your nerve under that pressure, plenty never do

3 Likes

Yes I get that. But even when he had a mark or free, and especially when he had set shots, his kicking was poor.

2 Likes

it was hit a miss. it’s harder to find easy targets at senior level too

2 Likes

I think that was more a problem in his brief appearances in year 2 than 1. He looked composed enough year 1, I thought. Year 2, very unsettled and almost unrecognisable from his early year 1 self.

3 Likes