#13 Nik Cox

Not sure that’s going to work.

Pity he never uses it.

I just deal with the facts and you don’t have any.

Don’t really care. Thanks.

Similarities between Nik and the lizard from Syd ?

3 Likes

Happy to play him as sub for 2-3 weeks… but he is weapon who we need on ground most times unless taking rest

And he tries to help us win like every other player out there.
If he’s not good enough then drop him. But calling him a ■■■■ is just plain moronic.

2 Likes

David King says that Cox needs to eat more Gizzards in order to be better than the Lizard and the rest of the Wizards up in Sydney.

2 Likes

He isn’t close to being the hardest man in the comp, nor is he soft.
He is a decent kick, without being outstanding.
As for his decisions? Have a look at the WEagles replay, he was decisive and made good choices.
He is a jet, has pace to burn and provides a point of difference to most of our other defenders.
He is in the team, until someone who is better forces him out, that could happen in a few weeks/months. I fully expect other defenders to go past him by next year.

4 Likes

We are crying out for a small forward to play tippas role . Tippa needs a spell.

The week hind was thrown forward he kicked a couple . He isnt useless just better ahead of the ball

Are you really trying to say Hind never uses his speed?
I swear some people must watch our games with their eyes shut

6 Likes

On Cox, I hope he plays 2-3 more VFL games across HB, then some VFL games on the wing with some stints forward.

Hind is a pretty good kick generally when clear.
He weirdly doesn’t know how to consistently use his pace in an offensive way due to being slightly unco with how he bounces and holds the ball. He struggles when met with a tackle to either get it off by hand or foot. So he runs wider than he needs to in order to avoid any contact.
His defensive close down pace is an asset and no doubt feeds into why he has a role to play over other potential selections.

3 Likes

That is because when he was a kid he knew if his brothers tackled him that he was in for a world of pain. Though place to learn footy in Clunes.

1 Like

From the couch, Cox is painfully thin.

I’d be very happy to see him play a number of games at VFL level, to get confidence in his body and match hardened.

He’d be great to come in sometime after the bye.

1 Like

He’s got 5-6kgs more muscle on him than when he started and he held up fine at AFL level in his first season.

7 Likes

it’s hard to grasp i know as it’s alot of support thinking/philosphy/wording thrown in with a bit of the coaches words and what we guesstimate their thinking and actions mean.

yes different players do develop at different rates, that’s generally the jist of why i say youngsters should be given more chance to show they are ready.

it’s just all the excuses i’ve heard on here for why voss isn’t or hasn’t been tried, well those reasons have gone out the window with the click of a finger with cox and it’s like, meh just get him in the afl side asap cos we gotta pump games into him.

it’s the inconsistency in msg, that if the coaches follow it like supporters do, then again no wonder the younger players don’t come on and develop like they could and or should.

it’s like people dont’ understand (in this context anyway) that players are humans and will be fighting human emotions on these types of decisions, which can result wanting to put in less work improve or perform cos ultimately what is the point ?

it’s either that, or the recruiting team should stop wasting their time drafting anyone in the main drafts outside the top 30 (other than f/s who fall that low) because from what i can see there’s only 2 on the list that have worked out beyond that number from the main drafts (guelfi and thatcher).

might as well just rely on ssp picks and msd picks as the main source of finding talent and give away any picks beyond 30

Granted he’s put some weight on, he’d still want to put on quite a bit more. He’s a stick

He is a 94 kg stick. More like a post, or maybe a cudgel; which is a thick stick .

Think I might call him the Cudgel now.

6 Likes

You make your pick, backing your judgement of the player’s capabilities. Once that is done, it’s a level playing field.

2 Likes