#13 Nik Cox

How many cms does the hair ad?

Listening to him on the afl instagrams story he sounds keen as fark and so excited to be drafted by us and play for us.

7 Likes

Cox and Eyre both forward, serious pace x 2 to get separation.

To be honest, Iā€™m hoping he can be a better version of Adelaideā€™s Tom Lynch. So contested marking isnā€™t quite so important.

If he can turn into a Richardson/Riewoldt/Goodes then thatā€™s obviously even better! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Coxā€™s marking will be an asset when heā€™s playing on flankers and wingmen who are 15-20cm shorter than him.

I wouldnā€™t expect him to win many contests against guys his own size, although with good training he should be able to neutralise enough of them.

1 Like

Please and thank you :blush:

4 Likes

Anybody else see a bit of Nick Blakey ā€œthe lizardā€ in Cox? lanky, short shoulder span. He could play very similar role e.g utility. I think Cox is a much better kick and mark though

4 Likes

Totally agree.

His size will worry the opposition, regardless of his marking capacity.

As Iā€™ve been saying for 2 months. I donā€™t think heā€™s a KPP. Heā€™ll an unbelievable wing/ flank/spareman. Literally could be anything. I just donā€™t rate his contested markingā€¦ but thatā€™s not too say heā€™s terrible.

1 Like

Hopefully he has a bit of aggression in his game

1 Like

Cox is like in a video game where you can create your own player.

200cms
Super Fast
Endurance
Huge Leap
Kick both feet

30 Likes

I see Cox as the perfect player to be the link up options out of defence.

If you imagine that we are stuck in defensive 50 (which isnā€™t that hard to imagine). Cox is the player that roams the centre square. To be the player that we kick to so we can move the ball through the corridor. Heā€™s a safer option to kick the ball to in congestion, instead of Zaharakis or Smith.

He makes it really hard for opposition midfielders to Cover him. If he gets space ahead of him, he can burst forward and kick inside 50.

Also if we switch the play from one flank, to the otherā€¦ heā€™s got the endurance to sprint to the fat side of the ground and be an option. No key position player will be able to run with him.

When the ball is locked inside our forward 50, heā€™s the spareman that stands at the half forward line and mops up the ball when there is a hurried kick out of our forward 50.

16 Likes

Add Jones in there too.

We have some seriously mobile talls. Bryan is no slouch either

3 Likes

In a perfect world we probably have Cox and Jones both playing these roles, and when its kicked to one the other breaks deeper providing an option. While Eyre or Brand at FF can lead as appropriate. And Draper for the kick down the line.

Have to make up some for our other recruits.

Lead with Reid

Stand with Brand

Dare with Eyre

Workinā€™s with Perkins

6 Likes

Here you go

EDIT: muh skillz

9 Likes

Heā€™ll grow into it.

Doesnā€™t have the raw power and athleticism of Reiwoldt.

I was almost thinking Ben Graham, but kicking off both feet? Reckon heā€™ll end up with a similar build to him.

I remember his Dad well

He had that bit of mongrel about him, and his footy skills were ok. Obviously Mrs Cox is a stunner, as both his kids have good looks. Dad looks a bit like Bruce Willis.

1 Like

That kick he does in the back pocket,where he times it,squeezes it past the player?

Just elite thinking,under pressure.

I think he will absolutely be that link player half forward through to the wing. He will,at pace,take spectacular marks at times andā€¦

Will be better than Joe.
There I said it.

Im on the Cox.

Suckers!!

3 Likes

Watching the video re draftees on the AFL site, Nik Cox mentions that Rutten visited his house for coffee today.

Not sure if this is usual practice but seems a good sign that Rutten is prioritising building relationships with the playing group.

8 Likes