13 Nov 17 - Pre-Season Training Pics

There are lots of things in this World that are a disgrace, but gambling and alcohol are not illegal and things we need to face up to with our kids. Education goes a long way to addressing these issues.

I am more at ease talking with my grand-kids on responsible gambling and alcohol consumption, than I am trying to explain massacres by gun in USA, Racism against indigenous Australians (like they are) by other Australians and bigotry against those of different sexual orientation.

I am proud of my Grand-kids heritage; here they are at a ritual in their homelands.

16 Likes

Alcohol and gambling is illegal…for children under 18. That’s kind of the point.

12 Likes

Advertising is meant to have an effect, or else an awful lot of companies are throwing away good money.

Exposing kids to it in the form of a sales pitch that you cannot get away from if you want to watch a game of footy… absolutely unethical in my view.

(of course talking to your kids about it is no problem).

10 Likes

It will just be a matter of time when the gambling ads will have very strict controls on them during games.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them completely banned during live sporting games by 2020.

Why would you say that? I hope your right, however the cynic in me says your wrong. $$$$

If it was just about $$$ we’d still have cigarette asdvertising

2 Likes

The Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education did a submission to the Hunt Sports Plan on sport and alcohol advertising.
See under submissions on its site:

fare.org.au

Thread derailed…

My bad. Sorry :slightly_frowning_face:

Thought about that, however there was a large shift towards a healthier society and the writing had been on the wall with smoking - it was dront and centre, always in minds eye.

Gambling is more insidious, I can only see it becoming more of a norm unfortunately.

Happy to be wrong, just ask my ex wife.

this thred is about pre-season yeah?

is it right to say i want laverde and langford to work out so bad.

1 Like

yeah, but I wouldn’t put my bottom dollar on it

2 Likes

I’ll drink to that.

1 Like

Close, but no cigar!

1 Like

It’s today’s society conditioning everyone to whinge about everything. Victorians are the worst.

1 Like

Are you saying Victorians are just Bitter?

Is that isolated to Australia or is it a worldwide phenomena?

Are you whinging about Victorians?

I guess outrage should have been the term I used. There’s a lot of outraged people in this world.

1 Like

I’m a Vic.