#13 Orazio Fantasia - his surname is pronounced “injured”

They’ll be waiting a few years if they opt for FA…

I’m starting to think he may actually be carrying something.

Genuinely concerned with a lot of our guns now.

It’s evident that Heppell has lost what ever pace he did have, Raz the same for the past month. Joe as we know has OP issues, same for James Stewart.

Dev is different as it’s a knee and not so much a condition like OP.

But some big question marks over whether our young guns are going to get back to what they use to have

He’s been injury riddled this whole year. He’s definitely not at peak fitness, or he is carrying something. No doubt in my mind. It’ll only be a matter of time before he blows up and we lose him at the tail end of the year.

Worsfold told the world on June 20 he’s carrying something.

I’m told they have been managing him for weeks. I was also told a fortnight ago that he’d likely be rested for a 2-3 week period to see if the soreness he’s been feeling settled down. It seems they’ve opted to try play through it. I really hope there’s no chance of it becoming worse by doing this eg OP. I’m not saying that’s what he’s got but IMO our player management/preparation has left a bit to be desired of late.

10 Likes

Lol, you farker

2 Likes

If its not op it’s some similar niggling on going thing. He is far from himself.

I was chatting with a physio mate recently and the topic of JD came up. It has been talked about here adnauseam about him playing 3 games in 10 days. So I queried that. He said you’ll possibly increase the inflammation but long term it shouldn’t impact the recovery time. If you’ve got it, rest is the key first and foremost. So it wouldn’t have mattered if it was 2 games in 10 days. If it’s recurring then finding the reason for the inflammation and having that rectified is the focus.

If Raz is indeed suffering from it, he’s not probably doing more damage. But it’s a massive concern with JD, Stewart and possibly Raz too.

Pure speculation on my behalf, I wonder if it’s a training/conditioning issue. That’s a lot of players with the same issue at the same time.

Needs investigating.

1 Like

Didn’t we send one of our fitness staff to the gulags of the GOld Coast at the beginning of the season??

1 Like

Wonder whether the rotations cap is contributing to injuries.
Can’t be helping players recover.
Having worn out players probably doesn’t help the skill levels much either.

Isn’t that what the AwFuL want? Worn-out players can’t chase, tackle or harass as much = more goals - at least that’s what the morons on the Rules Committee think.

2 Likes

Fantasia for Matt Crouch. Do it Dodoro

1 Like

INSTABAN!!!

5 Likes

Worn-out players can’t kick straight either, net result, no more goals than before.

1 Like

Alas, Port’s horrid, eschew them Orazio.

2 Likes

Genuinely thought i’d cop more for this.

After watching the full replay, his game was definitely better than the last 2 weeks (not hard, I know).
Gained separation from Mills a couple of times when team mates should have hit him with relatively straight forward passes, which would have resulted in set shots from 45.

Just missed that running chance from 50 on the HFF.
Also, Tippa could have given the handball to Raz at the end of that great run, as he had some space on the Sydney defender ahead.

He could have ended up with 3 goals (or more) if we were a little cleaner.
I hope he is building his fitness and this translates to a better showing against North.
I’d love it if he dropped another mini bag against them !

1 Like

Of course any one of our players is tradeable for a package consisting of Naughton, Rozee and J Clark, but anyone who doesn’t recognise how a fit Fantasia is essential to our forward line becoming elite and suggests we should seek a balanced trade is a dickkhead.

3 Likes