#15 Jayden Laverde - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐“›๐“ช๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐• (Part 1)

LAV to come in v Cats and banish his demons for good.

2 Likes

LAV

@barnz

Are you going to let this slide ?

@Stallionโ€™s spending too much time in the bushes.

#15 Jayden Laverde - keeping it uninjured (1 week)

Yeah but people arenโ€™t quoting their defensive tackling features as the main reason for getting picked.

I liked the signs that LAV showed in the VFL midfield towards the end of last yearโ€ฆsoโ€ฆif I had my way, Iโ€™d continue that, and our 2019 VFL centre bounce midfield would be focused on these names:

• Langford
  • Laverde
  • Mynott
  • Begley

Because, I still want to see whether two of these names can become the successors to Myers/Heppell in coming years. They all have a bit of size, decent disposal skills, but perhaps lacking a touch of speed/agility, but that canโ€™t be helped.

You would have deduced by now that I donโ€™t quite feel that Mutch/Clarke have the qualities to make the leap to senior AFL.

And lastlyโ€ฆI donโ€™t think any of these boys would object to being thrown the challenge of playing in the midfield. Quite the opposite. I think Laverde wants to play midfield. I think most AFL players relish the challenge of playing midfield. Perhaps Langford/Begley would be most impatiently eyeing a senior opportunity in the forward line.

Maybe they play in the VFL as 50/50 mid/forward, and if called upon to play in the AFL this year, try to still give them 25/75 mid/forward exposure at that higher level.

3 Likes

Talk VERDE to me

Cue @Stallion on the sax

1 Like

Go for it today Lav!

1 Like

If he plays well he comes in for Brown?

1 Like

Please play well.

Please bring him in against Geelong.

โ– โ– โ– โ–  the hoodoo!

4 Likes

Itโ€™s time

2 Likes

Some of you guys are breaking accepted protocol in here.
Need to go thru the appropriate channels.

@barnz
Can we begin discussing a LAV inclusion for the Rd.7 Geelong game?
Iโ€™m well aware of the hoodoo but fukk hoodoos.

I implore you to reconsider your earlier stance and thank you for reading.

Pls adviseโ€ฆ

With Brownโ€™s injury, Iโ€™m surprised that the Club havenโ€™t pulled him from todayโ€™s game. If he plays limited minutes, you would have to assume that he will be selected for the Cats game. Really wanna see Lav given a decent run at it. Am backing him in to come good & secure a senior spot.

Guelfi, Laverde half forward line

18 Likes

Whatโ€™s the Geelong thing referencing? Asking for a friend

Plenty of rest in between. If he canโ€™t play a full VFL game without getting injured then he canโ€™t play a full AFL game.

Iโ€™m backing him. Now is a great opportunity for him.

1 Like

He kicked 6 last week & got a full game under his belt. Not a big deal. Thought they may have pulled him & just trained him hard with the senior group during the week (which theyโ€™ll do anyway if he is in the frame). I guess I am just risk averse when it comes to the Lav. Anyway, go you good thing.

1 Like

Heโ€™s fked himself with long term injuries both times heโ€™s played Geelong in his career.

3 Likes