#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Woah I hope Joe can get back to leaping that high.

Showed good signs on the weekend. Is early days but hasn’t been jumping like that so far

Whilst I want LAV in ASAP I do reckon his role in the VFL is similar to what Stringer and Raz have been playing at AFL level (deep forward leading up out of the square)… I wonder how they will all gel and work together.

Kind of like Jamie Elliot at the pies. He’s not playing well given that Stephenson and De Goey have taken the same role, which he had for the past 6-7 years, from him.

Crow’s injury report states 2-3 weeks from a mild hammie. Vision showed him in that sliding mark attempt, pretty inocuous and doesn’t look good if he can do a hammie in something like that.

Well at least it isn’t a LTI.

He’s cooked

Didn’t work in the 2001 GF either.

8 Likes

Quickly edging towards over done I’d say, unfortunately.

2 Likes

You wonder if that’s just him, or whether he can do some preventive exercises/stretching to protect himself better. There is doing the right thing, and then there is really doing the right thing as best as possible.

I feel like it’s one of those scenarios where he just needs to move clubs and start a fresh after constant set backs.

Kind of like Linc McCarthy at the Lions this year.

I wouldn’t begrudge him for leaving

maybe Fremantle will want him - they did take Gumby

He could try one of these.

images%20(2)

1 Like

Thread needs more GIRTH

1 Like

Seen the footage on the club website, during the motion of sliding toward the ball there seemed to be a hiccup of sort, a jolting action that took place. Due to positioning or an uneven surface, or trying to get up too quickly.

Wasn’t a smooth sliding attempt.

The only times I’ve strain a hamstring (which has only been 3 times in 25 years), have been in similar circumstances. Like a extra soft part of the ground or an uneven part of the surface which leads to a unexpected break in momentum. It’s then a jolt like action occurs, and you feel it.

Anyways, might sound like I’m clutching at straws here, but that one was an unlucky one, and not an indication that he is overly injury prone.

He’ll be right and will come good, just maybe he might need to tone down his enthusiasm for the contest, his enthusiasm to impress, and just focus on the basics again. Then build up.

1 Like

Straws have definitely been clutched, but I do hope you are right anyway.

Interesting theory. My theory is that he’s cooked.

1 Like

A forward line of:

Bennell Lobb Walters
McCarthy Hogan Laverde

The probability of them all getting on the park together are probably close to zero, but if they did and all fired, it’d be something incredible to watch.

You missed Taberner, who is probably in the best for of the lot.

Lobb and Taberner would rotate ruck/forward. My team was taken as a cross section*…

*No, I actually just forgot Taberner.

Surely St Kilda are still interested - they seem to have a penchant for picking-up cooked players and signing them to long-term deals…

Fremantle and St Kilda can get into a bidding war