#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I thought he showed really good intent today, happy with his output

3 Likes

+1

So pleased he did well. Seriously looks a class above playing VFL.

Only injuries have prevented him being clearly best 22. Still an excellent prospect. They gave him some stoppage/midfield minutes too. I think that’s his future fwiw.

4 Likes

A rare positive on another deflating afternoon of footy for us.

Only thing I’m reading is that’ll it’ll cost the saints another 50k per season to lure him over now.

Sorry- one question though. At the start of the 3rd he marks about 45m out and straight in front. Goes for a short pass and turn over time goal. That started the run of goals. Why didn’t he just have a shot???

No he doesn’t. He has kicked poorly from set shots since his return against N. Ballarat in the VFL last year (despite kicking 6 goals that day IIRC). He misses right all the time. Against Frankston in the VFL 3 wks ago he missed a set shot from 20m directly in front (missed right).

1 Like

Looks like a good footballer. You can see what he would bring to the side now and in the future. Has to get/be given a number of games under his belt to build his form and confidence.

1 Like

Just rest him against Geelong. But play him in every other game.

5 Likes

I have always been happy with Lav’s performances when he has been fit and in the seniors
Thought he was goos today again coming off a limited preperation etc

Pleased with his movement and ability to get up and down the ground - He’s fit enough to play his role, unlike in 2017.

I was behind the goals when he did that, Jerrett made a very good lead and the kick would have hit him spot on but Hibberd read it quickly and intercepted, the kick was on would have liked if we protected our forwards to get a straight run at it when leading

do people understand now

it’s not even the fact he’s unfathomably bad in front of goal

it’s that his opposition player runs off him and DESTROYS us

that miss was a turning point, that sort of ineptness just kills the spirit of a whole club

1 Like

Need to get games into him but just don’t see anything in him at this stage.

2 Likes

I tend to agree with this. I see a very average footballer with a few athletic attributes.

2 Likes

kid held in forward line when we couldn’t get ball past half back line is slaughtered.

impossible.

We have taken an elite talent and turned him into a rabbit. #essendondevelopment

1 Like

Going to die in our forward line.
Be almost tempted to try him back just to get some development into him where he’ll get some ball, god knows the ball isn’t going to get anywhere near him when we have it.

I can see a bit, but more as a mid/hf or wing, I think he can get starved as a permanent forward.

I know Langford can’t get a game, but he offers more because of his kicking.

Must be given time and a clean run at it.
His first priority has to be a major focus on improving his pressure to lock it in the forward half. This is something all of forward line players have to improve on.

The yips in front of goal make me wonder why we don’t have a full time sports psychologist working with players. It’s clear as day that for a lot of players its the mental side of things that creates problems in front of goal. I knew he was going to miss that as soon as the mark was taken.