#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Disagree. He said decent only once, and WOG in a few. Not trying to say that he has set the world on fire (clearly hasn’t) but he has been decent 4 times, WOG once and poor 5 other times.

For comparison, Tippa has had a similar record over the first 7 rounds, including 2 WOG. But we wouldn’t be talking about letting him go if his contract was up, and he has had a big form turnaround. Lav needs to be playing midfield with occasional stints forward, and given a decent run at it.

1 Like

Seriously. We are measuring a players worth by farking stupidcoach points now? FMD.

14 Likes

But Tippa is really good at football

Do not become a lawyer.

It is the worst defense I’ve seen in some time.

3 Likes

It was quality last week when Hurley was ranked only above Dea and three particularly hapless Swans.

(Dreamteam, not SuperCoach)

5 Likes

The games I’ve seen him live proved to me he would be lucky to make it at any club. Injury prone, slow, melts on shots for goal, can’t pick a ball up below his knees, an makes dumb footballer decisions. An stop comparing Langford with this guy. Langford actually looks like a smart an skilful footballer, laverde looks like a choking ball of muscle

1 Like

You’re all β– β– β– β– β– .

3 Likes

Laverde will rise

Like a Phoenix

And burn baby, burn.

I thought he was a good kick for goal when he arrived. He was just too quick to adopt the Essendon β€œbrand” of goal kicking.

If he can get an uninterrupted run and get some confidence I think he can be a very good player. We do whinge about hanging on to injured/mediocre players for too long but I think he’d be worth 2 more years. (If that’s the sticking point).

Laverde is in the kind of position that he could easily be classified in 12 months time as a young gun, a list clogger, or anywhere in between. I understand the club wanting to sign him for only one year, and I understand him looking elsewhere.

At the end of the day, this is one of those ones where being closer at the club and seeing his work, how he reacts to training, and knowing his injury situation in detail probably is important to determining what to offer him. Personally, I’ll be pretty unfussed whatever the club does. They could easily β€œstuff up” with hindsight either way - either letting him go and he becomes a star, or keeping him and he just clogs things up.

5 Likes

I am Humble enough to recognise at the start of the year that I got a few things wrong about the coaches and some of the players.

I am Humble enough to want to give LAV another year, if this is what the coaches want.

2 Likes

We have the star power and match winners to make it to the promise land. We no longer have the luxury to pay a guy that hasn’t played one great game in his career good money over 2 years to find his potential. If he stays on he stays on the cheap or we use his list spot for a hard nosed role playing Guelfi type. I don’t think we can afford replacing Laverde with a 18 yr old, we will need to find a free agent or mature age recruit. I always feared only one of Laverde and Langford would make it.

1 Like

He stays for a year.
He goes.
Or we try and bundle him with our third round pick for the top half of the second round. ( not much less than we drafted him for)

Reputation shot again

2 Likes

We don’t not have a third.

If clubs are indeed offering him 2 years then we should be able to get a second rounder for him at least.

Supply and demand.

I would take a second rounder.

Would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him at this stage imo

2 Likes

So we do have a third then?

5 Likes

We don’t not not have one …