#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

I can confirm that we do have an absence of a third.

2 Likes

And you said I was negative (in the camera pun thread). You’re triply negative.

But as they say, double negatives are not always inappropriate.

At this stage.

Brings to mind one of my fave Lemonheads efforts, …

Serious.
You and I have very different ideas of what you get with a third round pick. Guelfi is certainly a standout exception. If he was typical of what you can get late in the draft, then you would have a point. But for every Guelfi, there are multiple, multiple ordinary players drafted in the first, second and third rounds.

1 Like

Of course there are.
But there are bugger all mature aged recruits taken before the 4th round and those that are have generally proved themselves well and truly at the lower level as being excellent players and/or durable. There’s no way club’s would be risking a 3rd round pick on a mature age recruit with a shattered body.

I think you just seriously overrate LAV

2 Likes

I think that’s being extremely optimistic.

3 Likes

can we please trade him so he can miss important 15m out goals and 20 metre in the clear passes for other teams consistently over 2 years and still be overhyped on all fan forums!!

CAN WE CAN WE

I’d rather trade you out to be honest.

21 Likes

losing Laverde would be a big mistake and it would come back to bite us hard.

this thread shows how society just needs to pick on someone or something.

always gotta be somebody/something eh? throw some hate around.

he is just a kid.

wait till he is 23/24 with a good run behind him.

plenty of good football ahead of him.

11 Likes

He’s 22 currently

1 Like

Great post, calm, sensible and thought provoking.

Clearly it doesn’t belong on this forum.

1 Like

I hope pbombers chokes on lavs massive muscle.

1 Like

Lav may decide he needs a fresh start elsewhere.

Or Essendon can keep him on the list for 6 or 7 years before finally deciding to cut the ties.

Reckon Essendon will shop him around with the intention of making a trade to improve their drafting pecking order or as part of a deal. As stand alone value Laverde wouldn’t even bring in a third round pick.

2 Likes

It depends on whether the clubs are approaching him now like we were with Stringer.

Generally they are making a verbal commitment to get them over so they lose a little of their bargaining chips.

A second rounder may not be realistic but I think it’s possible.

I’m pretty indifferent on lav and I see him behind stringer and Stewart as a third tall/medium fwd option.

I don’t think he has the instincts and awareness to play in the middle.

Happy to be proven wrong

2 Likes

December 2017

Can’t build his endurance or get the midfield development he needs in 2’s if keeps being injured

I think it’s too early to cast him aside. And I’ve already said before he should be lining himself up for Myers spot. If that’s 2020 after a full year of VFL ala Langford’s stint so be it.

3 Likes

I’d be amazed if any club wanted him. Unless of course they haven’t seen him play

We’ve given Jackson Merrett how many years?

Based on potential Jayden deserves at least 3x longer on the list

1 Like