#15 Jayden Laverde - 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 1)

Someone gif that tackle

LAV Langford Parish Francis Tippa Joey D Zerrett Fantasia

All under the age of 23.

This is the group that excites me and that can form the basis for our ascent to finals footy. In a couple of weeks they could all very well be playing in the senior side at once. Tracking their progress is what I look forward to most for season 2016.

Next year when they get a huge chop-out from senior big-bodied players Heppell, Jobe, Myers, Hocking, Hooker, Hurley etc look out competition!

If Redman, Morgan, Eades, Long make it long term then bonus!

P.S. Tippa may have recently turned 24. I blatantly chose to ignore that cos 23 looked better.

Oppositions fans know this that’s why everyone is crying for Essendon not to get pick 1.

The sleeping giant that is Essendon is about to wake up.

I’m getting sick of the “sleeping giant” cliche. What, it’s been 10 years now? Lets just get with reality here and call it a sleeping behemoth or sleeping goliath. Sleeping titan, perhaps.

How does Lid Off!! sound for ya?

In 2017 the green one will awake …

Can actually kick a set shot which is refreshing.

Very very very happy

Thought he would go top 10

Absolute steal!

Yelled out a big yes when we selected Laverde... My dogs barked in agreement!!!

Welcome to Essendon Jayden

An amazing get… Drodoro couldn’t read his name fast enough

And was interrupted by the cheering!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00EnNqjDTH8

MESSIAH

is he from keilor? a local lad! ■■■■■■■ get around him

If he was such a "steal" why didnt he go at 17?

Strange he didn't go earlier but the top 10 was pretty strong.

AFL first-round draft prospect and Western Jets star Jayden Laverde adds to his highlights reel
  • LUKE D‘ANELLO
  • BRIMBANK LEADER
  • NOVEMBER 26, 2014 12:16PM
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Ads By Google
  • <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&amp;ai=C94PLvOV2VOvFL42j9AWJsYLABLrmiPwFyp6b4bcBwI23ARABIKjprAtgpcCjgKQBoAHzgufKA8gBAakCkTVA1tfaqT6oAwGqBIMCT9C4eWTwL8KhvH_F0rmV3YkhC7gAof1Q2iHEYB9bCndKzJnShm_yXEs_ezMVuLZEydPaqZoHyKOw2mFrS_twkB_SOpxlqr_p49mbzz4dom26Ijnp5lRz-tuIhVM4o9EC-qL90hhliDP7YNP5DwEoGDxZGffVG3ie0lW_3TIcX1u8waeQQkFgbeXIpH0zkuGiN0vZM0L-QddTOhEUoe8urJRoGBpeY1pCcfNXIB5bWYh86LqjBsgt4bpn0aXw4BpPoNpI-zp_YKNchyQZGiyOuqY5rwTO0I_6WkoFxlQ7G5IyON8G619FjVdSOWAKzW1P5nMFZ5PB1z1ZCoGzG2BlzOVq6IgGAYAHip26Mg&amp;num=1&amp;cid=5GjMKoIAqLg08I6iwvEm7WOi&amp;sig=AOD64_1HacKNpkXFyKJOm_DhO7oyu5-vBA&amp;client=ca-nd-heraldsun_js&amp;adurl=http://www.levis.com.au/'>Levi's® Australia Sale</a>

Enjoy 20% Off Levi's® Apparels. Limited Time Only, Shop Now!

www.levis.com.au/Sale

466643-d351bf48-7509-11e4-89a8-fac0f39c4

Western Jets star Jayden Laverde. Picture: Kris Reichl

JAYDEN Laverde isn‘t the leading player in this year‘s draft pool, but he could be the best in 10 years‘ time.

The tall utility from the Western Jets boasts enormous X-Factor and will have his name read out in the first round on Thursday night after his stocks soared on the back of an irresistible AFL Under-18 National Championships.

Laverde was named in the All-Australian team after eye-catching displays for Vic Metro against Vic Country and South Australia.

The 18-year-old added plenty to his growing highlights reel in 2014.

The 189cm Laverde used an opponent as a step ladder on more than one occasion during the TAC Cup season.

And he left recruiters salivating after showcasing his ability to work his way through heavy traffic and gallop away from opponents while playing for Vic Metro.

Laverde reached deep into his bag of tricks and made some of the nation‘s best under-age players look silly at times.

But he provides more than guile, earning praise for his good decision-making, clean disposal and ability to take a strong mark.

Any weaknesses are offset by the excitement surrounding the fleet-footed Laverde.

“I‘m comfortable playing all around the ground,” he said.

“I think I made my most impact on the wing and up forward this year, so probably those two positions (are preferred), but I‘m comfortable playing all roles.”

A quad injury sidelined Laverde for the Jets‘ elimination final loss against Dandenong Stingrays and he also missed the draft combine. But after an eight-week lay-off he has moved swiftly to make up for lost time.

“I‘ve been training pretty hard just to peg back what I‘d lost and get prepared for pre-season,” Laverde said.

“It was very frustrating not being able to play and give the boys a bit more of an opportunity.

“It was disappointing not to be able to show what I can do, but there was not much I could do about it really.

“It was a bit of a slow start, but I guess I started to play some good footy when it counted the most and from there my consistency grew each week and so did my confidence.”

Laverde appears set to be snapped up by either Greater Western Sydney or Collingwood, who hold selections four and five respectively.

But the number matters little for the former Keilor junior.

“I don‘t really look into it too much, but obviously it‘s something that‘s very noticeable and it would be great to be one of those players,” Laverde said.

“But just getting drafted is my main idea — that‘s all I think about. It doesn‘t really matter where I go.”

Vic Metro coach David Flood labelled Laverde “a pretty special talent”.

“He enjoys the challenge of playing with the best players. I think that brought the best out of him,” he said.

“Like any young player, he needs to keep finding the next level. We played him as a wing, half-forward and full-forward. He‘s got great speed, good hands.”

An Essendon supporter, Laverde listed Nathan Fyfe, Jobe Watson and Dyson Heppell as his idols.

Laverde is one of four Keilor products set to find an AFL home this year, along with Corey Ellis (Western Jets), Damien Cavka and Paul Ahern (both Calder Cannons).

COMMENTS
  •  

Looks very handy

Barracked for the club as a kid

Encouraging things said about him.

Hope he can play.

Welcome aboard ...........

Very Pendlebury like with how he weaves in and out of traffic.

Looks like a pearla this kid.

merde... its laverde!