#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 2)

Would be a mistake to play him over Baldwin next week.
Let him rest up and get it right, Baldwins hitting form and earnt his place.

1 Like

One of them could play forward i suppose

1 Like

Hard to see why we would persist with Laverde in a development year. Will be 32 in 6 years.

7 Likes

No to Lav forward.
He has form as a forward, and it is deplorable. His kicking for goal was horrible, it was so bad that it was why he was moved to the last line of defence.

1 Like

Better off playing a bloke with actual form playing forward than shoehorning one in.
Wonder if we have one of those lying around…

Shoehorning Baldwin forward

After his entire football life as a forward until his last 7 odd games you mean?

Not saying its a good idea btw was just giving an alternative to dropping one for the other if they were set on playing Lav

He’s played the season as a backman.
Found form as a backman
Playing seniors and performing as a backman

You don’t mess with that.

I can only assume you read exactly half my post

Looks like

YOU CAN HURRY LAV

8 Likes

You mean I did exactly what you did picking out a single word of my post?
Funny that.

No that point stands

It wouldnt be shoehorning him into a forward role, it would just be playing him in his usual position

It would be a mistake on almost every level but it wouldnt be shoehorning him

Give him next week off, but play him against North. With all due respect to Baldwin, we need him for McKay/Curnow.

I’d be inclined to give him a half in the vfl if he is genuinely fit to play

3 Likes

I see you’re objecting to the term β€œshoehorning” but I thought it was pretty clear it was in relation to current form.

You know, kind of the reason it was all part of the one sentence.

Laverde had all the athletic attributes of being a really good forward. Only had the slight issues of: constantly getting injured, couldn’t kick straight for goal.

no need - VFL or another week of building

And he couldn’t play forward

Lav to defence was one of the few silver linings of the Rutten era. Averaged 7.5 games a season for the first 6 years of his career, then Rutten sends him to defence and he’s playing 22/23 games a season.

4 Likes

Finals teams don’t need experienced players?

Laverde is still our best option for the gorillas, Baldwin has the potential to go past him but he will need a few preseasons to gain the strength and nous.

Not sure bzt will be able to develop the strength without compromising on mobility and if he loses a half second a lot of his desperate spoils become valiant efforts in vain

I think we should persist with Baldwin back, he’s got good hands and a damaging kick.

1 Like

Damn my sarcasm italics must be broken.

5 Likes