#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 2)

What is Lav, baby don’t hurt me….

5 Likes

You give LAV a bad name

4 Likes

LAV is in the air

1 Like

Interesting choice of clothes and posture for the couch interview. Is he wearing pants? If not, the interviewer is getting more than he bargained for from his angle.

This feels like the most low key build up to a 100 game milestone ever. In keeping with Lav himself, a very understated player.

Good effort to reach 100 games, looked for a while that injury may curtail Lav’s career, but thankfully moving to the backline has remied that. Hopefully he can stay healthy over the second half of his career and get to 200 games, which would be an outstanding return for pick 20.

6 Likes

This is very cute. Hope he has a great game… will be critical

9 Likes

I dips me lid to Laverde. For a long time it looked like he wouldn’t ever reach this milestone, nor his potential. The move to defence has been a blessing, proof that players can reinvent themselves when given the chance. More power to him and long may he play.

11 Likes

I’d never heard him speak before and you can certainly hear the Italian in him.

Rapt for this guy that he got to celebrate his 100th game with a win against our most-hated rival in front of a massive crowd.

Many had him on the scrap heap at the end of 2020, but he’s made a bloody good go of playing in defence, oftentimes doing a job against opponents a fair bit bigger than him. Deserves a lot of credit for fighting back from all those injuries and becoming a major contributor to our improving backline.

15 Likes

Some shaky moments last night. He’s brave but I dont think he is good enough for the role he is asked to play. Would love for us to find an upgrade (could easily say the exact thing in Zerk’s thread).

Boring.

It was really interesting that he and McGovern made it to 100 games in the same match. Both 2014 draftees, both initially considered forwards, now both settled in defence. Both took 8.5 seasons to reach 100 games.

3 Likes

I’m really happy for him, he has done well to get to 100 games. Shows a lot of perseverance considering the terrible injuries he has suffered that have undoubtably impacted his body and what he can do out there.

2 Likes

There was one point in the coverage that had a close up on him, and he was the one directing the defensive set up during a stoppage.

Looks like he is mature and an important cog in the back 6 being organised

1 Like

I definitely had him on the scrap heap at the end of 2020. I certainly didn’t see him becoming a backman. But what a great move

1 Like

The entire back 6 are doing it.
It was noticeable in pre-season training.
Depending on the matchup, they’d try and hand off their direct opponent to free themselves up for a run up the field.
I was surprised in particular at how vocal and directive Laverde and Kelly were.
I’m glad that what I saw during training is actually bearing some fruit on gameday. It’s not always the case, so nice to see.

1 Like

Congratulations on your 100th Lav!
One of my favourites - plays tough, uncompromising football and leaves it all out there every week.
Hoping to see you out there for another 100!

1 Like

Anyone know why Lav also has the nickname Doss or Dossa?

Jayden > Jaydos > Dos > Dossa

4 Likes

Sounds like something Bloodstained devils would have come up with

1 Like