#15 Josh Green - delisted

and that farking pillock brad johnson had the nerve to have a go at him for it? that flog used to dive at every second contest. what an ■■■■ hat.

19 Likes

Personally don’t see any problem here. It was a laughably delayed reaction, worthy of a soccer field. If you’re that bad at staging you deserve a fine.

6 Likes

Definitely was a blatant stage, but we’ve seen worse go unpunished.

Actually, we’ve seen worse rewarded with a free kick.

2 Likes

Nah, in that instance Green was in the perfect spot to take the mark and JD came over the top of him and spoiled both of them. Based on his reaction it looked like JD came in without calling him out.

3 Likes

Haha lols what a Corgi.

Players stage for frees all the time, maybe 50 times a match. But Greens act was hilarious. Its much more common in soccer games.

As much as its shiitty for Green to be a grand down, I reckon it’s a great thing for the league that he was fined for that rubbish. honestly it should be a free kick against.

The key thing now is consistency across the board. Little confidence it will be followed through with the league’s history, but you never know, maybe Chrisso has the pills to stay the course with penalising staging

8 Likes

Both players knew the umpire couldn’t see anything, because it was on the boundary side.

The chance of any consistency in these calls is roughly -0%.

1 Like

I don’t think Josh Green is best 22. His accuracy has been really average and he can barely kick the ball over the man on the mark. If he’s more than 30 out he just doesn’t have the leg. I don’t think he’s pace or pressure is good enough either to compliment the 3 talls.

1 Like

As it always has been. Just ask Eric McKenzie.

Fixed

2 Likes

Dive doesn’t look good Greeny but typical of the AFL to make a stand now when it’s Essendon.

Not expecting them to suspend any big names for similar incidents.

3 Likes

Problem is, he won’t get any frees now for being held, pushed in the back or high contact. Stupid thing to do. Aside from that thought he played pretty well Sunday, 16 touches and 2 goals. If you get that most weeks from him he’s well worth his spot in the team…

3 Likes

When have we ever been treated fairly by the umpires?

They need to do their job.

You can whinge all you like about consistency, but the fact is that it was a blatant dive and this sort of thing needs to be stamped out, Essendon jumper or otherwise

3 Likes

I’m not whinging about the outcome of this. I agree it needs to be stamped out.

My problem is history tells me that its not the start of a culture change in the AFL but just another incident where a Bomber player gets done for some random act.

There have been far more high profile cases where it would have been more valuable to make an example but nothing was done. The Oliver case from last year was handled poorly on many fronts and was embarrassing for the whole MRP in my opinion.

Green was splashed across the back page of the Age today and I think that is taking it to far.

4 Likes

Completely agree. If consistency was applied we’d have no issue with it. Oliver fell over and didn’t even get any contact, and in the days after the incident was still unrepentant. Who knows, from here maybe they will treat all diving cases the same, but for the moment it does look like it’s yet another example of one rule for Essendon players and another one for players from other clubs. Another one is kicking in danger. Only ever see our players get done for it…

He deserved to get fined, was worst acting I’ve seen in a while.

Pitty they don’t hand them out to other Oscar winning performance from other clubs.

" Under the Tribunal guidelines, excessive exaggeration of contact, which may affect umpires’ decision-making, is a sign of staging . ( AFL)

Ever seen players diving forward out of packs? Yes? Like, how many times in each game ? Quite often that is diving. So, is Michael Cristian going to stamp that out ?

Probably not.