#15 Josh Green - delisted

The fact that Schofield got suspended for that and then they needed to find a way for him to be cleared showed just how corrupt the system is.

I have no confidence in them doing the right thing.

1 Like

Cue: push in the back not only no longer* paid against Daniher, but he now gets reported instead.

Edit: *Well, I say no longer…

The problem is that if he was S Milne or S Johnson etc. etc. he’d be lauded as a “wiley forward” who “sucks defenders in and draws the free” and “defenders have to be smarter than throwing a reckless elbow like that.”

8 Likes

I think we should get Snicko and hotspot in to see if he nicked him.

It isn’t like he threw himself to the ground and writhed around. Looked to me like a reaction from a guy that is used to doing what he can to help the umpires see any indiscretions against him. Hard to blame him for that given the free kicks were going against his side 2 to 1.

He deserved, though. It’s a damn ugly look.

1 Like

Yep, this will be Christian’s cross to bear.

4 Likes

Good one Paul Pious.

3 Likes

Shhh…,.you’ll make him all self-pontious.

2 Likes

The guy is our Ballantyne, lets face it.

Annoying to us, annoying to them.

But just bobs up in the right spots more often than not.

2 Likes

He’s worthy of the accolade “ a true professional “

Played the percentages and situations really really well as a small forward last night.

1 Like

Thought he was WOG for everything bar the last quarter where he kicked two crucial goals.

Other than that I wasn’t impressed.

Trying to kick the ball whilst he practically has a player over his boot seems to be his specialty.

Pressure was good all game. Definitely can be frustrating. First half was very much so.

But he almost kicked 3 goals in the last, that left foot snap to nearly put us in front I went nuts to… only to realise was a point!

Whole team was frustrating at times though. Round 1 only. Expect some scratchy play really.

3 Likes

Missing easy set shots for goal makes it sooo much worse.

I’m fine for a guy to pick up 7-8 disposals a match. But there is no excuse for missing those goals when your suppose to be a goal sneak.

Betts 14d 0.2 (dangerous in the 3rd)
Hampton 9d 1.0
Begley 11d 1.2 (good in the last)
Green 11d 2 (good in the last)
Tippa 14d 0.1 (great in the last)

You’re right that Green was quiet for 3 quarters, but it wasn’t a game for small forwards.

4 Likes

He’s a proper, unapologetic chipscab seagull. Man he would annoy me if he played on another side.

9 Likes

Try appreciating what Essendon players do.
A bunch of Greens work is best seen on replay - in close pressure, knock ons, blocks for other forwards.
Walla was one who disappeared for the first three quarters but I’m not going to bag him, or exaggerate his weaknesses.
I’m also not saying Green is better than Walla, just a post to appreciate what he did for the team.
All sides need role players, and when they perform it should be acknowledged

13 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLpUq__iQqw he made a difference last night

I used to hate him when he was at Brissy. Exactly the type of player that feasted on us week in week out.

1 Like

Why do I feel because he has such a thin line between his good and bad games (due to constant low possession numbers and goals dependent on luck) that he’s away going to be the first on the chopping block.

1 Like

When fit the coach has played him.

Must be doing something right.