#15 Josh Green - delisted

Yes agreed.

His best is awesome-very classy. But goes missing.

Million dollar question is- is that inconsistency due to not being completely happy, hence the desire to move?

FWIW Matera is actually older than Green.

3 Likes

Despite doctors advice, Green enjoys sunbaking even though he gets no pigment response.

2 Likes

???

Matera has been inconsistent, so it’s either he isn’t happy and puts out occasional really good performance.
Or, he actually can’t produce consistency regardless.

We need to recruit more inconsistent players in the hope our club will become consistent.

Matera is a No, imo.

Could say that about most of our list.

Edit: sorry, missed the point twice.

I guess that’s when we have to back our club and culture.
Get a player for unders, and then he improves significantly because of how we treat and train them.

2 Likes

James Stewart anyone?

1 Like

Hasnt he developed in the last 12 months. He would have been so handy at the Pies right now, if they could have developed him, like we did, must be Skipworths Forward Coaching!

1 Like

He’s been a good bounce away from being the match winner in a few games. Missed a dribbler against Sydney which probably would have sealed it. Ditto the second Carlton game but we didn’t get burnt. He’d be disappointed with his finishing this year id expect.

His conditioning wasn’t great when he arrived and iirc he had some injuries which delayed his preseason. I think he still has room to improve and I like the 3 tall 3 small set up.

5 Likes

Don’t be deceived by the fact that Matera has played some of his best footy against Essendon also.

■■■■■■ Greedy little player, always costing us easy goals, what a very selfish player he is, plays for himself, I HATE him in the team.

1 Like

Needs to be dropped for that.

NOT. GOOD. ENOUGH.

YOU HAD A MAN IN THE GOAL SQUARE YOU SELFISH GIT!

I liked him being greedy when he was actually nailing every shot…wtf has happened

He’s an example of many players that have arrived at Essendon with a certain elite skill, only for that elite skill to be dragged down to the same level As the team.

Mark ‘shot gun’ Williams was missing easy f*cking goals after a couple of games. Brent Prismal went from elite ball user, at Geelong to a butcher after half a season at this club.

1 Like

Actually there was no one in the goal square. He had a man on the outside that was slightly ahead of him but he had an open shot on goal from 25 metres out. He just missed. It wasn’t selfish it is what we would expect Raz to kick.

5 Likes

Play the %, if not eventually it will cost the team, and I’m seeing a very selfish player.

He’s bog ordinary. Has his moments, but their too few and far between

I’ve seen enough games from him now to know I hate him in the side.
I was against J Merrett, but I must say right now I would rather Merrett.

1 Like