150th Anniversary Essendon Vs Fark Carlton Match Review Thread

Nostradamus here

2 Likes

Club does not give a fck about success simple as that

4 Likes

Yes I put money on us at 3/4 time yes I was looking at scoring shots and thought we were a sneaky chance.

Should have learnt my lesson from the port game re low scoring last qtr in the rain.

We were not embarrassed.

Go Bombers

4 Likes

hard to find many positives there

Hobbs did some nice things

Draper and Jones 2 goals each

Shiel had a better game. 27 disposals and ten tackles

Martin 5 Tackles this week.

Laverde went alright.

16 Likes

My horse needs 2 trials 4 races then itā€™s money time

Itā€™s no difference

4 Likes

They are pros. Big events matches donā€™t make them play any different.

We play as we train. Poorly. Canā€™t kick, canā€™t handball.

Forwards. No patterns no leads.

Mids. No idea when to attack and when to defend.

Backs. Whatever is happening elsewhere isnā€™t really helping us.

Coaches. Get Soulnet in to review club.

6 Likes

FC were poo after the early part of the 3rd quarter, and we managed 2.8 from then.

5 Likes

I thought Archie went alright

10 Likes

We wouldnā€™t know what to do with it.

150 years of a great club, has been celebrated by the most pathetic excuse for an Executive in the history of football. Players are trying but, woeful selections a non-existent game plan and suburban level players have made the club a joke.

4 Likes

Too many lines ya reckon?

Absolute steaming pile of cow dung. Not a single thing that would be a positive. Low skillsā€¦ wrong team selection for the conditionsā€¦ lack of forward structureā€¦ did I mention low skillsā€¦ poor defensive transitionsā€¦ boringā€¦ not a single patch of cohesive footy.

At no point did you feel we were ā€˜in itā€™ā€¦ Rutten simply has to be firedā€¦ I seriously do not understand what the club is waiting forā€¦ right now they are just destroying whatever hope our young players might have. If they had moved quickly on Ruttenā€¦ story would have been different.

We are patheticā€¦ how many more horrible losses before we do the right thing?

5 Likes

Lines in the sand were kicked in the face, not unexpectedly

It would appear that we are still not very good at football. The players really had a go, but weā€™re just not very good.

Playing Stringer on one leg in a forward line that already has an inexperienced Jones and a resting ruckman, along with midfielders that arenā€™t quick, is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  insanity.

7 Likes

Last quarter Vs Port - 0.4 to 0.2

Last quarter Vs Carlton - 0.2 to 0.4

We are just trying to restrict the damage/margins in those final quarters.

We are dismal. Apart from ten minutes in the first quarter, didnā€™t rock up in one of the clubā€™s most important nights.

The club is in such a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  mess but nothing a large majority of us didnā€™t already know before this game even started.

13 Likes

Carlton are actually farking horrible.

We were comically putrid, and yet we still had more scoring shots in the second half? WTAF

3 Likes

West Coast will smash these wankers.

This side now has a bench mark of 50 odd points per game.

Farken side.

That last quarter was hard to watch. At least we stopped the easy forward entries. Although hard to know if that was Essendon or Carlton taking the foot off because they were 5 goals in front.

1 Like

My highlights were Draper and Phillips laying tackles that were meant to hurt.

And umā€¦thatā€™s it, I think.

5 Likes