#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

At the draft combine, Villani said he “blew them away”, completing a 13.8 beep test, 10.39 minutes for the 3km time trial and 3.01 seconds for the 20m sprint.

“Once he gets up and running, he is going to do some serious damage to some big body AFL players in the years to come,” he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/josh-begley-goes-from-suburban-young-gun-to-on-the-cusp-of-being-recruited-in-afl-national-draft/news-story/c683c9dba3a9fbef8cc0eb9293bbe496

it’s a justifiale strategy i reckon.

Our midfield could be massive Langford/him/Clarke/Lav/Watson so many big players

I read here that he was being looked at but I’ve only just looked at his highlights.
Don’t know how he’ll go getting the pill but can we offer him a job as a part time goal kicking coach as well? Sensational looking kicking action. On that vision if he only gets half a dozen kicks within 60 I’d still play him, McGrath can pick up his man if he runs off him.

Happy with this. Beautiful long kick on the lad. With him and the angry ranga do we now have the most chunk per thigh ratio in the afl?

Dodoro just said that “Darren Bewick’s opinion on him sold us. We hope he is right”

Dodoro just said that "Darren Bewick's opinion on him sold us. We hope he is right"

You know who rated him a 10? Darren Bewick.

You can’t teach his insanity.

Massive upside, my pick of the draft! Can’t wait to see him in the VFL.

Hopefully it turns out like the Bassett-Fantasia tip.

Reminds me of that Bell fella ex Carlton, maybe with a bit more agility.

Good luck

Seems pretty mobile for a big guy.

Super excited about this pick, can’t wait until him and Francis are burying carnts til the early morning

Shannon Grant got us Hibberd
Nathan Bassett got us Fantasia
Darren Bewick got us Begley

Seems like a poor man’s McCluggage, and hey I’m pretty happy with that. A similar sort of remark that HM made about McCluggage, tends to fade a bit in games, does his best work in the first half. Plus kicks goals and uses it well by foot. That’ll do me

Gary Moorcroft type

Good pick up.

I knew nothing about this guy before the draft. Had heard the name vaguely, watched his highlights afterwards. WOW! Geez does he have some potential. Just looks a natural footballer with a beautiful kicking action. Reminds me a lot of Tory Dickson but a whole heap more aggressive.

A Stuart Dew type

Pretty excited by this pick.

Dodoro just said that "Darren Bewick's opinion on him sold us. We hope he is right"

Isn’t that the second player we have picked tonight on Boris’ recommendation?

If so, why don’t we just employ Boris?

And also if so, why don’t we pay attention to the dud picks we have made previously that he recommended?

Shannon Grant got us Hibberd
Nathan Bassett got us Fantasia
Darren Bewick got us Begley

Bewick got us Wondering as well