#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

They certainly do.
Later this season if we start to slide, or next pre season off we don’t.
It’s a nice position to be in.

2 Likes

You could argue some degree of on field saga reparation has been done.

We are definitely on the fast track back.

1 Like

who do you believe is the next under 20 to make his mark in the seniors?

We fan king deserve it too

To make his mark I have no idea.
To get a run, probably Mutch or Begley.
And I know the senior guys are quite impressed with the Riddler.

I’m also quite happy with how Clarke is improving his kicking too, because the kid can seriously get his hands on the ball.

Well, I guess what’s great about this is all 3 have shown they are hard, and can be part of hopefully fixing our inside clearance issue.

Lol, maybe the Riddler will our next Jobe!

Swap him for Green is he’s injured.

1 Like

What position has he been playing?

So if we don’t slide this year and keep performing are you saying guys won’t be dropped regardless of their own form?
I may be misinterpreting you but that sounds like some players will remain certain starters regardless of how they go between now and next year.
You seem to know plenty on the inside so a genuine question. Would the club continue to play Jobe for the remainder of the season regardless of form if we were guaranteed finals?
BTW I’m not saying he should be dropped

No, not at all.
What I am saying is that if we are still in the mix, and people are holding their form, we would be very unlikely to bring kids in to give them a look, or because we think they are the next cab off the rank.
If we have slid out of contention then it is possible we may get a few games into select kids who are standing up in the magoos. But even that would depend a lot on how the coaches saw our likely preferred personnel for the following season.
So many variables.

1 Like

In: Fridge
Out: Lang

1 Like

Managed ?

Bring him in as the sub!

1 Like

Fair enough. Good to have plenty of options.
Personally I’d love to see a couple of the kids getting a run now, especially guys like Begley who have seemed to have an extended run of form. Parish should of gone straight back in but thats another debate

Langford deserves a decent run at it.

11 Likes

So does Begley

They may have been comparable in their respective first years, but that’s not a useful metric for senior selection right now.

Begley first 10 games: ave 13 disposals, 1.4 goals, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 68 DreamTeam

Langford first 12 games: 15 disposals, 1 goal, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 73 Dreamteam

The more legit comparison, insofar as they’ve played different positions, is to:

Langford 2017 VFL: 25 disposals, 0.6 goals, 6 marks, 7 tackles, 111 Dreamteam

I actually though that first year comparison might have been less kind to Begley. Quality over quantity at the moment.

Here is how it will play out on Blitz

1. 2-3 weeks of Blitz demanding that he be brought into the side
  2. A couple of days of fapping when he is finally named
  3. Cries of “he’s not up to it” and “way off it” and “drop him back to the VFL” etc when he gets 5 disposals, 1 goal and 2 tackles in the game
22 Likes

You know it.