#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

I agree, i think hes doing fine. I want more onus on the experienced players, they should be doing more, if not we broom them and get the young blood in. (as a general rule, not particular to this game)

Agree, but he just needs to do more of it

1 Like

The guy sitting behind me said the exact same thing.

Was awesome.

This.

Looked like a man today.

Is really good at freeing his hands to get a quick dish off to a teammate.

I can’t help but think this every time i see him play

1 Like

He’s a perfect bench player at present for mine, impacts when required, minimal mistakes & plays his role.

Would probably have capacity to step up further when required if starting 18 players i.e. Raz is out injured, i.e. Rd 1 v Adelaide.

Michael Tuck played 100 reserves games before playing his 427 AFL games.

In the 70’s and 80’s.
Completely different game now. The VFL does more harm than good now IMO.

He didn’t get much of the ball. I think today was his best game with regard to 'getting in amongst it". Used his size to bash and crash.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I hope you are wrong about that.

We have some very promising players playing in the VFL.

These days, if you play 100 games in the VFL, you will never get a game in the AFL.

2 Likes

God, you’d have to play for a non aligned team too I rekon, to be any chance whatsoever of chalking up 100 VFL games (or have Langford for a surname bahaha)

2 Likes

100% this guy will be Stringer-like. Have absolutely loved his season so far. Super fit. Combative. And he’s so young. Anyone thinking Langford is even close to Begley in terms of performance must have never played or watched a game of footy in his life. This is the kind of player you invest games in. Langford after 30+ laconic games is not.

I can’t think of too many good players who have spent more than a two to three years playing VFL before playing AFL. If you have a guy on your list for 4 or more years and they haven’t cracked an AFL game I’d say their chances of ending up as a real quality player is pretty slim.

1 Like

Hes going to tear games apart soon. Contributes and shows massive urgency in the contest even when hes not high on the stat sheet.

2 Likes

Yeah, 2 or 3 years is too much.

I like Woosha but the one issue I have with him is him not giving kids enough opportunity.

3 Likes

At the moment he does the basics well. He shepherds and blocks but also doesn’t let the ball get past him, always keeps it in front. Would rather him develop in the seniors than the 2s, good that he is getting games into him now, will get better.

1 Like

He just needs to find space more.

His biggest weapon is his sublime kicking and it’s not being used at the moment. We need to find a way to get him the footy more as he is so damaging with his disposal.

I can see him being a big bodied midfielder over the next 2-3 years.

Just has great skills and the ability to do good things with the footy.

I’m happy for him to develop in the team; with Stringer, LAV and Big Boi we have some pretty dynamic players coming through.