#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

Out for a long time you would think. Scans might show nothing, but I’d be really surprised.

fingers crossed his injury isn’t too serious

RIP FRIDGE.

See you next year.

@Henry_s_Angry_Pills are you ok?

“Is your fridge running?”

“Hello?”
muffled sobbing

9 Likes

It’s exactly what you do, there’s nothing else but keep the swelling down. So yep, bad signs.

No need for this cruelty

Didn’t he grab the outside of his leg? Could possibly be the LCL. If they iced it that means it could potentially be a sprain 4-6 weeks and a tear 3-4 months

Worst thing to come from today.

Begley is the future of our midfield and unfortunately he may miss the next 12 months if his development.

1 Like

Don’t think ive ever seen a player ice their knee like that for a ruptured ACL.

The fridge was returning to his roots, icebox.

2 Likes

The future of our midfield? I’m not sure what that means but it is a blow for us.

Agreed, and he seemed to be walking ok after the injury, albeit with a limp.

It means that Begley should already have been playing midfield this year because he has a skill set that is suited to playing midfield and he’s being wasted playing in the forwardline.

If it’s an ACL as suspected then not only is this year gone it will be most of next year also as he won’t be doing a lot.

Just watched Fridges injury in slo mo replay a few times, … and it looks a very similar thing to my 1st knee drama.

May be wishful thinking, … but if it is, it’s more likely just a tear to the meniscus/cartilage, than anything more serious, … which would require a keyhole arthroscope, … and what?? maybe 2 to 3 weeks these days??

1 Like

I really hope so. Hopefully he/we receives good news today

2 Likes

If it was a complete ACL rupture, they would have known the worst after doing the Lachman test
I saw some vision where Begley was feeling the outside of his knee, possibly meniscus or LCL but they iced up the whole knee.
We will know soon enough.

Didn’t look like a typical ACL. Hopefully 4-6 weeks fingers crossed.

Not hearing good things unfortunately. Could be worst case scenario…

Devastating for the kid