#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

Not quite gazelle-like though, is it?

Well, TBF, … he was more like off a standing start than already at near full tilt.

David Mirra 27yo debutant for Hawks the other week.
It still happens.

what i loved about that piece of play was he didn’t just try and blaze away at goal, he team the team thing and hit his teammate with a good pass.

For a young kid to be calm in that situation is a great sign for the future

5 Likes

love the shepherd by Raz in the background too

No, not quite. All 3 attempts were performed by power athletes. Doesn’t make the feat any less impressive.

I have written on here a couple of times before about the Watson leap. This leap was the symbolic arrival of Essendon as a powerhouse. While it was a leap into the unknown, it signalled for me, the point at which l knew we were going to start winning flags again. It was simply a matter of how many and when, but l knew it was going to happen. It was a leap that culminated in the blind turn Baker made in the 1984 GF, a move that began with Watson’s leap.

5 Likes

I reckon when Coburg play Frankston your belief may be shaken.

1 Like

this is what he’s known for in vfl, just barges through and out of packs, even when heavily congested and ■■■■ weather, goes hard for the ball.

Would swear at least a third of his career possessions have been goal assists. That’s a handy young player.

1 Like

More than happy for him to bardge through packs

Should we change his nickname then, to Barge Boy, or Big Boy Bargey, or something… something?

Argy Bargey?

1 Like

9 Likes

Considering he debuted at 18, he must’ve been playing reserves from when he was 13. Fair effort.

More Rhino than Gazelle.

This is absolutely the case.

But it’s also fun.

1 Like

Fitness is the only thing holding him back. dont think he has the requisite fitness to be a consistent contributor yet, but is kept in the team for his impact. Id suggest sometime soon he may be given 3-4 games in the VFL for a spell, but hell be right back in after that.

What’s happened here? My mate said he’s done his ACL? Say it isn’t so???

Hap on suicide watch.

Looked ugly tho

If its an ACL you dont sit on the bench with an ice bag do you?

1 Like

ACL or PCL

Nothing good.