#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

RIP

4 Likes

I’m more concerned about the effect it will have in his lateral movement.

He shifts from side to side at pace very well for a nuggety player.

1 Like

Wow i thought he hurt his ankle
so unfortunate

Gut wrenching news. Best wishes on your recovery Fridge.

1 Like

You monster!

Good news that we’ve sign Begley til the end of 2020. Should hopefully boost his spirits as well

4 Likes
3 Likes

“The knee injury is frustrating, but I am determined to work hard and earn my spot back in the side. We’re a young group but excited about what we can achieve together in the years to come.”

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Real shame about the injury because I thought Begley was showing real signs (instinctive and composed) that he belongs in the AFL.

1 Like

hope the club has its ■■■■ together before he gets back next year

Nothing against Begley, but only Essendon extend a contract of a player that has just done a knee.

Geelong did it with Menzle and he had multiple acl’s

Prior to doing his ACL the first time, Mendel looked like a superstar in the making. Begley has not shown the same signs. He could potentially be another bombers player that has a long and distinguished career based on a great 10 min period in his debut game.

Maybe but I think he was showing signs of inprovement with each game.

2 Likes

Look at you saying they extended his contract AFTER he did his knee. Surely you are not that silly to actually think that way?

3 Likes

I didn’t. Granted he’s only a kid and my expectations weren’t high, but I’m sick of players sitting on our list for years based on potential rather than proven talent.

Yeah fair enough.

I know they would have been negotiating, but maybe they should have put the contract on ice after he did his knee!

Have you got a ■■■■■■■ time machine that we might use?

This is good news. Something we don’t have much of round here lately. We should enjoy it and be happy for the kid.

3 Likes

I dare say that the contract was signed before he did his knee CH. They usually wait a bit before announcing.