#16 “OMG it’s Archie” Perkins

Yep, I don’t want it to seem as though I’m down on the kid, I also think he’ll be a gun. Just don’t think he’ll be an inside mid.

Parish played as a permanent midfielder in his first year. It was the banned year. Showed plenty too, which is one of the reasons why it was mind boggling that after that year he was relegated to the forward line.

8 Likes

He played on Lachie Neal for a half.

You could well be right on that. I’m too old, my memory sucks.

1 Like

Lol.

How many times did Archie get smashed in a tackle, and get straight back up?

How many times did he get tackled, turn his hips, and loosen the player from his grasp, and carry on?

He’s a kid.

Wait till 2-3 conditioning years get his legs, core and back super strong.

Bloke will dominate.

4 Likes

Means he doesn’t go to woolies to but food.

5 Likes

Doesn’t lack confidence does Archie. Believes in himself and that shows in backing himself and taking the game on.

Lots to like about him and is going to be something special. Going to bring us a lot of excitement and joy.

3 Likes

Wherever he ends up playing, his tank and body aren’t up to consistently doing what he wants to do. Biggest thing holding him back right now, IMHO.

I’d be quite happy to see him settled as a permanent HF for 2022. Super important to get a good pre season into him, and plenty of game time. The rest will come in time.

2 Likes

The unedited version of “how many marks?”

17 Likes

3 Likes

He is going to be at least twice as good as Nat Fyfe. 4 brownlows is his floor, his ceiling could be closer to 8.

3 Likes

In one season.

2 Likes

He will donate his 2nd Brownlow to Jobe in honour of the Essendon 34 :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

He will win 34 Brownlows and give all of them one.

3 Likes

I love Archie’s change direction signature move back thru traffic as much as @CJohns mrs loves his hair.

1 Like

Great highlights on the club website.

Quietly racked up a super promising debut seasons. You can see in the highlights he has enormous potential as a goal kicking HF/midfielder.

Highlights were amazing.

Hope that Perkins builds his tank over the preseason, and is played full time on the Wing.

When I went to watch the VFL, he looked an absolute natural as a midfielder. Had about 30 touches on a day we got thumped.

I’d say he’s struggled a fair bit playing in the forwardline.

1 Like

Geez…I Thought Parish and McGrath had great debut seasons recently and were prepared to get thrown straight into it. Parish went straight into fulltime midfield year one and excelled, partly due to SAGA, but showed massive potential. If he wasnt mentally prepared would not have been able to do that.

2 Likes