#16 Tayte Pears

Get well soon.  :)  :(  :o  :wacko: 

Essendon defender Tayte Pears will undergo season ending surgery this week after an injury interrupted 2014 season.

Pears has struggled to play consistent games this season due to a bony spur irritating where his achilies tendon joins the heel.

Club doctor Bruce Reid said the 24-year-old would be sidelined for the remainder of the season.

“Tayte all season has had trouble with what we call a haglund‘s deformity which is a spur on the heel so he is getting some rubbing on the tendon,” Reid said.

“In the end because he is stopping and starting he can‘t establish himself so he is going to surgery to that because it is a fairly prolonged recovery.”

After 11 games in 2013, Pears has failed to take to the field for the AFL team this season.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-08-11/pears-to-undergo-surgery

Sorry, needs his own thread.

If he can get his body to cooperate, I think he could be as good for us as Baguley, Cale Hooker, Hurley and Dempsey have been for us.

Please please please Mr Pears body, please can you heal well and stay healthy. 'Cause I love the brain, love the attitude, love the competitiveness, the skills and the aggression.

I'm not yet going to debate whether or not he can fit into our team structurally at some point next season, assuming all players fit. One week at a time for a little while.

How is he only 24? Seems like he's been around for ages and I think of him being older than 24. 

Really feel for Tayte pears. He has endured more than most and just can’t seem to get a crack at it long enough to show what he has to offer. Scott gumbleton got all the press about injuries ruining his season but this guy has had it just as tough.

I really hope he is on the list next year. I know there is a great player waiting for us if the gods give him a crack at it.

Hoping for some luck during the preseason.

Last night he would have been handy as our third tall down back

Hard to believe someone who plays so rarely gets so many injuries.

Wrap in cotton wool and bring back for preseason. I still think he can be very useful for us.

ducks the trolls and leaves quickly

I reckon he'll be back with a vengeance next year.

you realise next year is 2015, not 2010.

I think someone has made the exact same post every year since 2009.

Unfortunately, in an all too familiar story line for Essendon a promising youngsters career has been destroyed by injury. If he stays on the list for next year it will be because he is already contracted and he is a good bloke, not because the club believe he can turn it around next year.

Hope someone pulls this up the same time next year to rub in my face how very wrong I was, but I think the likelihood of that occuring would be roughly the same as us finding a way not to lose to a Melbourne, St Kilda or an equally ■■■■ side next year.

Odds stacked against.

you realise next year is 2015, not 2010.

I think someone has made the exact same post every year since 2009.

Unfortunately, in an all too familiar story line for Essendon a promising youngsters career has been destroyed by injury. If he stays on the list for next year it will be because he is already contracted and he is a good bloke, not because the club believe he can turn it around next year.

Hope someone pulls this up the same time next year to rub in my face how very wrong I was, but I think the likelihood of that occuring would be roughly the same as us finding a way not to lose to a Melbourne, St Kilda or an equally **** side next year.

have a little faith, mate!

actually, I probably agree with you.

You can't miss four+ years of development and expect to get back. Sadly, it may be game over for Tayte.

He played 11 games in 2013 apparently. Fked if I can remember them. Also apparently averaged career high disposals (~17).

Still only 24, you never know.......

Has he ever been tried as an onballer? He was a neat kick if I can recall (It's the off season! Lets get some crazy momentum happening)

Pears once looked AFL standard. Steinberg never has.

The only reason we are having this thread is because we are desperately short of tall options. Otherwise they’d both be gone.

I had to go back 10 pages to find this…

I tuned into the VFL game on the weekend but didnt see him there

Watched the Doc’s injury update and no mention

I’ve checked the obituaries and it doesn’t appear that he is dead.

Does anyone know whats happening with old Tayter?

He’s still a week away at least. Probably more. But barring more injuries he is on the march, and not too far away.

Good to hear he’s on the march.
March of which year, exactly?

Fark me, bad bump. Like everyone else who hasn’t read this thread since the new forum software was setup I went straight to the first post announcing season-ending surgery.

Fark me, bad bump. Like everyone else who hasn't read this thread since the new forum software was setup I went straight to the first post announcing season-ending surgery.

Glad I wasn’t the only one.

The momentum after round 1 was so outrageous, it needed to be managed.

That’s all this is, managing the momentum.

Tayte Pears is on the way back kids, get around him.