#16 Tayte Pears

PEARS%20Tayte.png

Season Highlights
20 disps (13 kicks 7 hballs), 9 marks and 5 tackles in Rd 22 6-pt win over Carlton at the MCG (24 Aug 2013)
24 disps (16 kicks 8 hballs) and 10 marks in Rd 20 53-pt loss to West Coast at Etihad Stadium (11 Aug 2013)
23 disps (12 kicks 11 hballs), 6 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 15 30-pt win over Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium (7 Jul 2013)
27 disps (15 kicks 12 hballs) and 8 marks in Rd 12 43-pt win over Gold Coast at Etihad Stadium (15 Jun 2013)

I saw a running bounce or two late in the season that made me smile.

Also, still hot.

Got better as the year wore on.

Not yet integral, but positive signs. Keeper.

best year since 2009. confidence is back now.

I think he is a solid third defender...love his confidence to run

Here's an interesting one - of all the players in the AFL who played more than 10 games this season, he has the highest disposal efficiency @ 87.6% (avg 17 possies/game).

Personally, I think the improvement in his confidence this year is one of the good news stories.

Starting to get back to where he was a few years ago. Might have trade currency, but I'd prefer to hang onto him.

Showed some good signs this year which was great to see.

Really hope we hang onto him. If it all comes together for him he has the potential to be Andrew Mackie like

Had his best season in a while. Still hard for him to get in and was awarded games when Fletcher was injured.

Out of contract, and I bet the recruiting mgmt have a big dilemma. Trade him for some picks knowing VU and Steingberg will come good or keep Pears knowing he has good potential??

Improving steadily. Hang on to him and we will reap the rewards.

Here's an interesting one - of all the players in the AFL who played more than 10 games this season, he has the highest disposal efficiency @ 87.6% (avg 17 possies/game).

Personally, I think the improvement in his confidence this year is one of the good news stories.

For me it wasn't just that he improved, but that most of his improvement came later in the season when others were beginning to drop off. No front runner. Solid without ever being spectacular, look a couple of decent sized strides in the right direction. Will slot in very nicely to a settled defence next season. 

Pretty much going to echo everyone elses thoughts. Got better and more confident as the year wore on. Defintely needs to stick around, I hope he does. He's going to be a star next year. Whether or not that's with us remains to be seen obviously.

Also, you only have to click the quote button once CJ :)

Pretty much going to echo everyone elses thoughts. Got better and more confident as the year wore on. Defintely needs to stick around, I hope he does. He's going to be a star next year. Whether or not that's with us remains to be seen obviously.

Also, you only have to click the quote button once CJ :)

Nah he was giving my post the credit it deserved :)

Tayte will be a star for us. At full confidence I love him being apart of a backline with Cale, Carlisle, Hibberd and Courtney. Great he was able to overcome his injuries. 

FInally healthy and started to show signs.

Is needed to replace Fletcher when he finally retires.

Am I the only one that was not impressed by him this year?

I am surprised by the efficiency stat. Never felt comfortable when he had the ball in defense. Maybe a few howlers are stuck in my mind I dont know.

He has to improve his contested work or I dont think he will make it.  Hope he does it and hope he does it at essendon.

Undecided on him. He gives away a lot of dumb free kicks and is probably one of our worst one on one defenders

However he showed he can get a lot of the ball and takes the game on, and has mongrel in him

I hope we keep him, mucho upside

I hope we keep him, mucho upside

ce ce.

if he goes so does the chick vote.